Need advice on bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
I’m new to this group, but I was researching bats the other day and found it. My daughter is 10 and is on the thicker side. She currently swings a 29 -11. She is constantly hitting balls off the end of the bat. It’s not a swing issue. I want to move her up to a 31. I’m considering the cf zen or the LS xeno. I’ve never purchased a nice bat before and was wondering everyone’s thoughts on these two bats. Also where I might find a good deal on one. Thanks
Hi- I would go with a 2017, 2018, or 2019 Slugger LXT. Xeno is a fine bat but slightly end loaded. LXT has a bigger sweet spot and is more balanced. CF Zen is also a good choice. Nice big barrel and evenly balanced. I would stay away from the endloaded version for now.
A 2” increase is probably too much at once. I would check out a bat chart and see where your daughter falls in.
Bat chart will list height, & weight you just have to figure out how strong she is and what kind of bat speed she has.
If she’s strong for her age and she has good bat speed you can go a little heavier maybe drop 10/11.
You can find a bat chart on any good softball/baseball website.
The issue may be where she is standing in the batters box. She may be too far away from the plate or pulling her head/shoulder off the ball too early.

Dec 15, 2012
Best thing to do is swing a couple of these bats. Best options are using a teammates during practice or swinging a demo bat at a tournament.

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah, try out some teammates' bats at practice. Just watching her try any 31/21 bat will help y'all make the right decision, even if it's not one of the top bats. You should be able to tell if it's too heavy when she swings.

Write down the bats you tried so you can look up the weights in the bat database when you get home.

Last resort, take a few cuts at Dick's or another sporting good store and do the same.

Better to get this right and take a bit of time. But from what you say, might be time to move up. My (now 9) year old moved up to a 31" a year ago. Drop 11, but her next will be heavier. I would have bought an older-model Ghost by now but want to double-check with her hitting coach first.

May 22, 2013
Don’t know if you can find them anymore but the cf5 -11 was one of the hottest bats ever made imo

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30