need advice for next year

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Poor DD wasted a second year on a team that I thought she should leave after one year. But we committed and hoped for the best. You have to look at what your core reasons are for leaving. If the management of the team is just poor due to lack of interest or lack of skills you have to ask yourself, is this person or group really going to change from last year to next the way I'd like them to? You probably already know the answer.

If the kids don't work at getting better, utilizing practice for social networking and the coaching is going to stay the same you probably ought to consider moving on. If the kids just aren't that good right now but work hard then that is another story. At 10U a lot of kids just aren't that coordinated or strong. The difference between 10 and 11 can often be great. Many girls start putting on some muscle as they transform from girls to young ladies. It's not an easy answer, you have to see what it is you hope to achieve by moving that you couldn't by staying.

FWIW, we left our old team after two years at dd's request.

SoftballMomof2

Softball Mom
Aug 16, 2010
We are in the midst of switching TB teams after 2 years with the same team.

Lots of drama and unethical issues drove us to leave, however DD has been asking to play on a more competitive team for some time now, so we are going to a 10 A team and she is absolutely thrilled! She went to tryouts and found out immediately that she made the team! She is very happy and so are we (a bit nervous though)

SoftballMomof2

Jun 21, 2010
Mississippi
Lots of good questions and answers. Update: The team has divided into 12U and 10U for the second year and got asked to help manage 10U team. Parents and coach that was causing issues left and picked up better players so instead of B team think we will have A team this year. Will see how it goes.

Jun 21, 2010
Mississippi
How things change after tryouts and practice starts. My daughter is only U10 left from last year other players thought were staying all left. The boat is sinking and I did not get off. New coach has not been able to get handle on practices and they look like rec players rather than TB team. Expect my daughter to start playing in the dirt again. Live and learn. Will be easier to leave if coach and mangers don't get a handle on it soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00