Need Advice: Day 1 Road to Recovery

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Let her watch some high level pitchers on video... look up model pitchers in the pitching forum (Amanda Scarboroughs' clip at the very end where she is demonstrating the power drive is the best) or find some clips of Ueno from Japan. Use a balled up sock or a nerf type ball and practice in front of a mirror... she will be her own critic based on how well she compares herself to the videos. Go to a sporting goods store, look in the tennis ball section. You'll find foam 11" training balls for tennis beginners. They're perfect for indoor practice. I think a two pack is around $5.00
The tip about doing these drills right before bed is key! Its a fact that people will dream about what was on their mind as they fall asleep... she will be getting better while she sleeps and wont even know it!

Jan 8, 2013
South Carolina
Thanks for all the advice! I read the sticky on I/R as suggested and that really helped alot. The demo videos Board Member has on there are great. I'm a visual person so videos help a lot. Coach James, I like the idea of the mirror. It's almost like her watching a video of herself. Thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd