Ncaa d-ii 2014

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
Nice way to start off the season for Augustana as they upset top ranked Central Oklahoma 7-6.

Jan 27, 2014
Looks like Central Oklahoma struggled a bit in Vegas, only going 2 - 3. Could have been 1 and 4 as Minot State had them down 2 - 0 in the 7th but gave up 3 runs.

Feb 13, 2014
Love this thread, hope it can be kept up all season, DD is Freshman at Molloy and she can't wait to start playing.

Oct 14, 2008
Soundwave, my dd's team played Molloy last year in Arizona. Good to have you weigh in.

Can I make a quick complaint? When teams host these tournaments, why do they not have a link on their websites in advance with simple information like the address of the park? I did this when my HS team hosted a tournament and then regional games. I have looked all day for information about an exact address for the 8 State Classic. I can't find it anywhere. I have looked on the team website, gone to the chamber of commerce, and gone to the municipal website. In the GLVC, there are two teams that play games away from their college campus. In both circumstances, they have an address on their site to type in that will get you to the ball diamond. Heck, on one, it says this address is the house across the street.

Finally, just watched the weather, I'll have to drive through an ice band tomorrow morning to get to the games. Not looking forward to it.

Glad im not the only one that gets upset over this fact, used to drive me nuts trying to locate college fields. Found out the best thing to do is stop by the info building on the way in to campus and just grab a map. Or ask a upper classman parent. Guess they figure if you want to watch it youll find it.

Tim

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Glad im not the only one that gets upset over this fact, used to drive me nuts trying to locate college fields. Found out the best thing to do is stop by the info building on the way in to campus and just grab a map. Or ask a upper classman parent. Guess they figure if you want to watch it youll find it.

Tim

I consider it a personal Where's Waldo type challenge and google earth the field location and dimensions in advance.

Nov 15, 2011
Went up to Rochester, MN yesterday to watch DD's future school open their season (in a dome). Winona State came away with two wins against NAIA Grandview. Great to be able to watch some live softball in this area of the country, even if it was inside. WSU hit 3 grandslams- one off of each pitcher who threw....

Oct 14, 2008
Was Indianapolis ranked in the top 25 last season? I have a student that signed there in nov and was under the impression they were pretty good last season. Just curious.

Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish