Ncaa d-ii 2014

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I don't know if we have enough interest here to carry on a discussion on D-II softball but thought I'd give it a try. Here is the Preseason Poll:

https://nfca.org/index.php/component/nfca/?top25=1&list=1&year=2014&pdiv=div2

Any thoughts on any of these teams?

If anyone wants to start a D-I, D-III, NAIA or JUCO thread, I'd participate there as well.

Just got back from Humbolt State Camp look to be very good once again this year but do have a new coach this year, Frank Cheeks retired ...or simi-retired he was at the camp talked to him a bit ....said DD had very good swing ....man he had stories ....i could listen to him talk softball all day. Assistant coach last year is new head coach Shelli Sarchett runs a good practice/camp.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2011
I am a huge fan of D2 softball. Augustana College (SD) is two minutes from our house and is once again in the top 25, and we know the coaches very well. In fact, the assitant coach was my DD's head coach at 13U (he can't coach girls once they reach 9th grade due to NCAA rules, so he's the permanent 13U coach for the org). Awesome experience. We see about 15 D2 games a year and from our perspective, the quality is very high. Go Augie!

Jan 31, 2011
DD#1 is a freshman at UIU (Upper Iowa) and in the Northern Sun Conference. I predict they are a "sleeper". They have all the tools to have a great season. Pitching, hitting, speed...

She has ex-teammates on Minn. State (Mankato) and Winona State. Should be fun!

Sep 18, 2011
Cannonball - we know Jenelle extremely well and love her to death. In fact, we contributed (a smallish amount) to help fund that italy trip. She was also an assitant coach on my DD's 13U team a couple of years ago, and if you think she is a fierce competitor as a player, you should see her as a coach!!!!!

By the way, she is a two time D2 All American and has been in the top 5 (homeruns per game) the past two seasons. She can really hit the ball.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2011
BB875, no kidding. We are great friends with Lauren Marlinghaus and her family. My dd played with both her and Jacqueline Flood in the Extreme Elite program. Jacqueline and her family live much further from us but Lauren's family is pretty close. DD's team played Upper Iowa a couple of years ago. Small world!

Wow, very small world! Jacqueline Flood was the conference "freshman of the year" last season. She pitches well and can hit the ball! I saw here hit a walk-off HR last year. We're getting pretty excited for them to start up.

Sep 18, 2011
Best thread ever! Getting pretty excited for the D2 season despite the snow and ice storm this morning. :) BB875 looks like Augie is AT UIU this year, so I won't get a chance to see your DD until the following year. Best of luck to her this year. You must be very proud!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG