Nancy Evans - The Softball Pitching Factory Videos

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 25, 2010
My advice, do your research. If you don't want her to pitch that way forever, don't buy the videos.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2010
Three National Championships as a pitcher, One as assistant coach, three out of four Pac-10 championships during her tenure at U. of A.

Jun 13, 2009
Three National Championships as a pitcher, One as assistant coach, three out of four Pac-10 championships during her tenure at U. of A.

tojo, i'm not going to 'bash' Ms. Evans but lets look at some facts first. You gave her a lot of credit for U of A's success, was she teaching those pitchers before they got to U of A? probably not. The point is, those pitchers were already "arizona good" when she got them. Add a good pitcher onto a very good team like AZ typically has, you win a lot of games as a coach.

i cannot speak for what she teaches or how she actually pitches but, be careful here. Many pitchers who become coaches do not pitch the way they are teaching. Look at Finch... she teaches the "hello elbow" at her clinics. Then you watch her throw and she does not do that. Her motion looks more like Hillhouse's with the whip of the elbow. So, why teach "hello elbow" if it's not right and you don't use it? That's what we love about Hillhouse as a coach, he explains it so a monkey could understand then demonstrates it so all visual learners can see it.

crystlemc is right, do your research. Let common sense be your guide.

Jan 27, 2010
Curiousgeorge, I doubt that Nancy Evans raised the pitchers at U.of A, but I do think she kept the "Arizona good" good and improving through their college years and she called their pitchs. Do you own her tapes or are you making uninformed comments. By the way, I own the Hillhouse videos. The question by the thread poster was if the tapes have any worth. The answer is yes.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I have a couple of them -- one on troubleshooting and one on increasing speed. They're fine. Nothing revolutionary or unheard-of as I recall. In rfact, the speed drills were all pretty much things I was already doing. I keep waiting for someone to come out with the DVD that has some never-before-seen, surefire way to add 10 mph with a couple of months' work. So far, I've had the same luck as Ponce de Leon looking for the fountain of youth. But I remain ever hopeful.

I'm sure the series is fine. As I said, nothing new on them to me, but I've watched a lot of pitching videos. If you're just starting out they'll probably work for you. As will the Hillhouse video many of us like. What I like best about his is that he also shows you what NOT to do, which is important for girls (and their parents) who are just starting out.

Jan 27, 2010
emazingli, if you go to Youtube and type in the "Softball Pitching Factory" or "Nancy Evans", this should bring them up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA