My soccer playing daughter's first AB in 4 years

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 24, 2015
Texas
Back when she stopped playing and focused on soccer she was doing great, now that she's a freshman in high school she's getting to play softball again for a couple of months before the soccer machine starts back up (her school doesn't have a soccer team).

That was also her first try at a slap bunt, they have already gotten much better.

Mar 25, 2011
So, in the books... is this a hit or an error?
In my opinion, this looks like an error. Pitcher had fielded the ball and had plenty of time to make a throw, but first base was nowhere to be found. She hadn't even really crashed for a drag bunt, she was apparently standing in no-man's land and couldn't move her feet back to the bag in time to deal with a speedy runner.

Perhaps it was 2nd's responsibilty to cover first on this particular play, and if so... even worse than first, where was 2nd, not even in the picture!

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
So, in the books... is this a hit or an error?
In my opinion, this looks like an error. Pitcher had fielded the ball and had plenty of time to make a throw, but first base was nowhere to be found. She hadn't even really crashed for a drag bunt, she was apparently standing in no-man's land and couldn't move her feet back to the bag in time to deal with a speedy runner.

Perhaps it was 2nd's responsibilty to cover first on this particular play, and if so... even worse than first, where was 2nd, not even in the picture!

It's a hit. I don't believe you can give an error for mental mistakes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1