My pitcher is in surgery

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
As you may recall, 3 of my pitching students were involved in an automobile accident that killed their grandmother in June.

The kids were seriously injured, but each recovered and they have returned to lessons.

For some reason, Janae, who had pelvic girdle injuries was given a brain scan. That scan showed a tumor, totally unrelated to the accident. She is 11. Although, it is not growing, experts told the family that it needed to come out and be biopsied.

She is in surgery this morning, in Phoenix. Prayer is appreciated.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
My DD is 11. A co-worker lost his 10 YO DD this year. too young.
She's been through more than enough already. Praying that 2010 is behind her and 2011 is the beginning of good stuff!

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
She's in my prayers. The doctor's must have been guided by a higher power to find this and remove it for her. Here's praying for a speedy recovery.

May 25, 2010
Scary situation, but I can sense just how brave she's being through this ordeal.

All my best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy return to normal life.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
She is out of surgery. It was a lengthy procedure. They will now do an MRI, to make certain that they got it all. If any of it still exists, they will need to go back in.

The surgeons told her parents that recovery varies from person to person and they weren't willing to give any guarantees, yet.

But - so far, so good.

Sep 3, 2009
As you may recall, 3 of my pitching students were involved in an automobile accident that killed their grandmother in June.

The kids were seriously injured, but each recovered and they have returned to lessons.

For some reason, Janae, who had pelvic girdle injuries was given a brain scan. That scan showed a tumor, totally unrelated to the accident. She is 11. Although, it is not growing, experts told the family that it needed to come out and be biopsied.

She is in surgery this morning, in Phoenix. Prayer is appreciated.

That is so sad Amy. We'll send our thoughts and prayers. My mother died from a brain tumor which was hard enough, but I couldn't imagine one of my kids having to go through that. Hopefully it will turn out to be very benign and that the surgery is minimal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207