My pitcher is in surgery

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Update. Yesterday around 1pm Janae started texting her teammates! Yeah! She was hungry and they were going to let her eat after viewing the last MRI. The doctors were amazed that she handled the surgery so well, emotionally. They thought that she could go home today and recuperate there. I hope so.

If it hadn't been for the car wreck and the random MRI that was given to only her, the brain tumor would have went unnoticed and cut her life short, sometime in the future.

I think that her family got an early Christmas present of good health.

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
I can't imagine going through that with a child. Thank goodness...they got a great blessing! Hope she continues to recuperate and lives a happy and fulfilled life!

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
That's Great! Thanks for the Update!

I had a similar mixed blessing where one of my routine MRIs for MS showed a mass in my lung that turned out to be Cancer. (I'm a non-smoker and what I had was very rare) it was removed back in the beginning of May and except for a little less lung capacity, I was back to normal in no time. My team liked it because when I came back I was physically unable to give them long speeches!:)

Another thing that's great is kids ability to heal. They can amaze all of us!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd