My hand hurts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2014
Who are all these people putting their index fingers in their gloves....lol., I always keep my index finger on outside did it when I played too. My DD didn't pitch so was never a big deal, I did catch a few of my pitchers for lessons and would usually throw on a batting glove too and was usually OK but I imagine if you were a bucket dad this would be a big concern as they got older.

Mar 20, 2015
Does anyone know if the Vinci JCV34 can fit a larger man's hand or how it compares to the Liberty in that regard? I read it has great padding and protection of the hand which is what I want.

I tried the Rawlings 34" Liberty on at the store and was a nice glove, but had to really pull on it to get my fingers all the way in and it was a very tight fit.

May 16, 2016
Does anyone know if the Vinci JCV34 can fit a larger man's hand or how it compares to the Liberty in that regard? I read it has great padding and protection of the hand which is what I want.

I tried the Rawlings 34" Liberty on at the store and was a nice glove, but had to really pull on it to get my fingers all the way in and it was a very tight fit.

Thing to consider with Rawlings is they have two hand opening sizes... Make sure you are trying on the Standard, and not a youth pro taper.

1581525745480.png

Last edited:
May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
I have my index finger on the outside and in the finger slot I put some metatarsal gel padding. I bought the pads online, very cheap, cut it to size and jam it in the finger slot. It moves around at times and has to be repositioned but it was a cheap way to protect my index finger. I don't worry about the palm, other than try not to catch a ball there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi