My First Ejection

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

collinspc

Softball Dad
Apr 23, 2014
Pittsburgh PA
DD game last night, opposing teams base runners had a tendency to leave early. DD's coaches are in the dugout talking amongst themselves and ump stops the game asks the coaches if they are going to complain all game? States he cant watch the pitch, batter, catcher, and the runner at second all at the same time. Rec game with only one ump. AC looks at him and says We weren't talking to you mind your own business. Tossed. Myself and another Parent(father who umpires) at the same time yell out that it is what he gets paid to do and should be able to at least see second base for the infraction. We get a dirty look till we go preteen, look at each other and yell jinx you owe me a soda. I bought three drinks at concession on our way out to the parking lot.

Feb 9, 2015
SoCal
Rules wise there is no obstruction without contact. There is no baseline unless avoiding a tag. It seems the umpire was in error. My thought at this point is that when Umpires start walking over and berating a coach or player after they have made an error then it will be OK to do the same to them. Additionally, in the thousands of games that I have attended or viewed on television I have never seen an umpire change a call because a coach effectively insulted him.

In the modern era when the main pastime of so many parents is the second guessing and complaining about the choices their child's coach is making I don't think coaches should be modeling the same type of behavior with the umpires.

Jan 27, 2010
Eastern Iowa
Rules wise there is no obstruction without contact. There is no baseline unless avoiding a tag. It seems the umpire was in error. My thought at this point is that when Umpires start walking over and berating a coach or player after they have made an error then it will be OK to do the same to them. Additionally, in the thousands of games that I have attended or viewed on television I have never seen an umpire change a call because a coach effectively insulted him.

In the modern era when the main pastime of so many parents is the second guessing and complaining about the choices their child's coach is making I don't think coaches should be modeling the same type of behavior with the umpires.

Contact is not needed for obstruction.

Jun 18, 2013
Lord, I've coached rec for years and travel basketball for 5 years and only gotten one tech. I earned it, but we had a foul count of 14-2 at the start of the second half so it was necessary.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad