My dd doesnt use lower half

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
Possibly doing the drill Balswick is showing? No stride

Yes.. no stride.. just to keep the girl from leaning and to develop proper muscle memory. They must stand tall and balanced on the Bosu when doing snap ups.. if they lean they will tip over. Also my DD stands on the ball side of the Bosu not​ the flat side. Makes it even harder to balance if she leans.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I think the Bosu would be great for balance, core strength and just plain fun for breaking up a routine. I'm not sure that alone it's a fix since it doesn't address the lower half mechanics for creating a good posture and torso/hip angle.

Last edited:

JJblume

Banned
Jun 6, 2017
I think the Bosu would be great for balance, core strength and just plain fun for breaking up a routine. I'm not sure that alone it's a fix since it doesn't address the lower half mechanics for creating a good posture and torso/hip angle.

That was my thoughts, i dont see how the push back drill helps either. Possibly the bosu ball can help with posture which would help with the dragging of the back leg and getting to a 45.

The problem im trying to slove is getting the hips to a 45...getting the rear knee stacked...or not leaving the drive leg behind. Maybe the push back drill eill help with ballistic movement of dring the drive leg kne forward???

JJblume

Banned
Jun 6, 2017
Yes.. no stride.. just to keep the girl from leaning and to develop proper muscle memory. They must stand tall and balanced on the Bosu when doing snap ups.. if they lean they will tip over. Also my DD stands on the ball side of the Bosu not​ the flat side. Makes it even harder to balance if she leans.

What are snap ups? I dont teach a wrist snap. We work on a whip of the forearm

JJblume

Banned
Jun 6, 2017
In Javas videos he saying he doesn't like the rocking while transferring weight. What is the difference and I am missing something. Is the rocking not transferring weight? Is it tempo he's referring to? I can see where focus on getting up on the toe would be huge for that ballistic move. Any explanation as far as what he means when he says he doesn't like the rocking would be helpful. In my inexperienced view I'm seeing them as the same! Help!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00