My 10 year old

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 29, 2013
need advice on how to correct her turning of the drive foot resulting in a replant and anything else we can do over the off season to improve overall pitching Thanks YouTube

Nov 13, 2014
Totally poor advise. Cro hops are a derivative of a hitch in the arm circle, no amount of time working the feet cures this problem, it's in the arm not the legs, please take MY advise and good luck to you. No offense but you will be wasting a ton of time with this poor advise,

Jan 25, 2011
Totally poor advise. Cro hops are a derivative of a hitch in the arm circle, no amount of time working the feet cures this problem, it's in the arm not the legs, please take MY advise and good luck to you. No offense but you will be wasting a ton of time with this poor advise,
Okay, I must admit that I always don't agree with everything OILF says, but she did provide advice. You provided nothing, zero, nota thing to this conversation. Your post kind of reminds me of poster that keeps changing their name, started out as x-pitcher. Now preach to us minister. I want to hear your sermon.

Nov 13, 2014
[video=youtube_share;uPoBBuvdRT8]http://youtu.be/uPoBBuvdRT8[/video]

Around 2 minute mark.

She also needs a more aggressive sprinters start.

Nov 13, 2014
Okay, I must admit that I always don't agree with everything OILF says, but she did provide advice. You provided nothing, zero, nota thing to this conversation. Your post kind of reminds me of poster that keeps changing their name, started out as x-pitcher. Now preach to us minister. I want to hear your sermon.

I provided no info ? Really. I'm pretty sure I described exactly how to fix it and posted a video from a experienced PC. Not sure why you are addressing me?

Nov 13, 2014
OK< I can change it to leap but the stork drills help the crow hopper and dragger types, too; they can't get that foot turned backwards as much. The also stay on the load longer which helps the timing. Yes I know about the hitch.

Awesome so your post was in reference to foot turning out and not cro hop. So you know about the slowing of the arm/ hitch that will cause cro hopping ! Sounds as if we agree! I also agree that those one foot drills can help with turn out with some.. Myself I allow my kids to turn the foot out and I don't worry about it...to a certain degree. I don't really do stork or cranes or zombies...I will push for focus on sprinters position with focus on sprinting forward...guess what...they don't turn the foot with that mindset. That being said I know a lot of instructors do those drills and say they work. My personal opinion is get them to do what they will do when they pitch. It seems to stick better IMO.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2014
I agree...that is bad when that happens. But again if you get in proper sprinters position that rarely happens. That is what I call extra dead weight that we don't want.

Jan 25, 2011
I provided no info ? Really. I'm pretty sure I described exactly how to fix it and posted a video from a experienced PC. Not sure why you are addressing me?
No you didn't provide any info. After I called you out you posted a video from Hillhouse. Also I do believe I can address you if I want. Really you didn't provide anything but post Bills info. By the way, what is your background, parent, PC or lurker?

Oct 22, 2009
rylesdad, a lot of times you'll get that quick pivot and replant with girls trying to use their drive foot/hip to open up.
Especially in cases where girls are initially taught step mechanics.

You want her to think more about the stride leg's effect in opening the body up.
So spend a little time in the drive mechanics thread, that should help her immensely.:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan