Muscle Stiffness

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 9, 2013
DD#1 has just turned 14 and is starting to learn the screw and curve. PC just taught her the spin a few months ago and she has been dying to try them. We decided yo wait until after the season. She threw for the first time from the rubber on yesterday. The ball had nice movement for both pitches but dd experienced a little discomfort today in the forearm and bicep. Shoulder is fine. She is still excited about the pitche and is less concerned than I am about the stiffness. Is this discomfort normal after the first day of actually throwing these pitches? Thanks in advance.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It depends on the severeness of the pain. But, anytime you use new muscles, she needs to expect some soreness.

She needs to locate the soreness. The bicep is a very long muscles, extending from the elbow all the way to the shoulder. So, she needs to find the area that is sore. If it is clearly in the "fat part" of the muscle, she should rub the area and feel for bumps or knots in the area, and then rub them out.

Of course, if it doesn't go away or if she can't pitch without the pain, then that is a different story.

PC just taught her the spin a few months ago and she has been dying to try them. We decided yo wait until after the season.

Please, refrain from showing any signs of intelligence. I certainly do.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2013
Thanks for the input. All was back to normal yesterday. I am a bit cautious...especially with what I hear about the screwall. DD has been bugging me to add it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYOwiseguy