More pitcher help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 15, 2016
In order to be "good", a kid has to love to pitch *IN GAMES*.

The focus should be on giving her the tools to excel during games. At her age and skill level, tweaking her form is overkill.

Her practice time should focus on location and the changeup.

She is making her debut this weekend in select. Funny thing is she actually does have a flip change we are working on now. Can get it over the plate about 1/3 times but very encouraged. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 15, 2016
She is making her debut this weekend in select. Funny thing is she actually does have a flip change we are working on now. Can get it over the plate about 1/3 times but very encouraged. Thanks.

Update. She has pitched in 3 different tournaments over the last few weeks. Pitched about 9 innings. Had about 16 strikeouts and even got a girl on a change. Now not playing top competition but a great start for her. Obviously helped her confidence and desire to pitch. Still a little wild but not out of control. About a walk an inning.

Two words of wisdom:
1. At her age her mechanics are outstanding so don't do any overhauls.
2. She is so good that a ton of teams are going to want her to pitch/guest pitch......don't wear her out. Kids body's/joints are fragile.

A third word of wisdom: Get into instructing other kids....you are doing a great job with your kids!

Nov 15, 2016
Two words of wisdom:
1. At her age her mechanics are outstanding so don't do any overhauls.
2. She is so good that a ton of teams are going to want her to pitch/guest pitch......don't wear her out. Kids body's/joints are fragile.

A third word of wisdom: Get into instructing other kids....you are doing a great job with your kids!

Wow I am humbled! Thanks so much!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00