more drama from Florida v Auburn

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
She's 22

That last picture leads me to believe he said something to her, for her to be staring death at him.

Would like to see screen grabs like that from game 2 as well.

May 4, 2016
If anyone was "triggered" it was Walton. I hate that term my kids use it jokingly all the time till I had to ban it in the house. People will do things you don't like respond rationally with intelligence and dignity and you always win. Let your self get "triggered" like Walton and you look like a childish jerk.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
If anyone was "triggered" it was Walton. I hate that term my kids use it jokingly all the time till I had to ban it in the house. People will do things you don't like respond rationally with intelligence and dignity and you always win. Let your self get "triggered" like Walton and you look like a childish jerk.

Excellent point. People act like jerks all the time. But if you allow it to affect your own actions you have no one to blame but yourself. Unfortunately, that philosophy requires accountability which seems to be missing with a lot of people.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
he should have apologized for losing his cool
They were both wrong but he didn't look like he lost his cool, she did.

this thread is like a car wreck that I have to keep looking at. I'm sorry....

her age and sex are no excuse for her inability to behave like everyone else on her team..unless of course, she is special...

Last edited:
May 4, 2016

her age and sex are no excuse for her inability to behave like everyone else on her team..unless of course, she is special...

Ok so this has me all kinds of confused. Did she lose her cool because she would give him a hi five or did she lose her cool when she shoved/pushed him in response to his shove/push? I am pretty sure giving someone a shove/push to the shoulder because you don't like a non-physical thing they did is the definition of losing your cool. Yep just looked in Webster's under "losing your cool" and there is a picture of Walton.

May 20, 2015
so my fields are still below anywhere from 2-8" of frozen white stuff, and there could be anywhere from 2-10" coming friday night

what's all your excuses? lol

Jun 18, 2010
Actually, if you can find video from games 1 or 2 and compare them with game 3, you'll see Walton respond differently. I'm sorry that I don't have video to share, but Saturday's game 1 was available for replay on WatchESPN and I specifically watched the end and post-game high five line. Fagan led the Auburn line and Walton was last in the Florida line. You can clearly see Fagan drop her hand one person before she got to Walton. Walton kept his hand up and never moved or extended his arm. He did look momentarily flustered when Fagan's hand wasn't there, but that's all. Fagan then turned back behind him to go back through the line and high five her teammates, and was staring daggers into Walton's back.

EDIT: Was able to grab a few screen grabs from WatchESPN (can't capture the video) from game 1.

Here is the video:

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja

Agreed, someone else called her a "child"

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Ok so this has me all kinds of confused. Did she lose her cool because she would give him a hi five or did she lose her cool when she shoved/pushed him in response to his shove/push? I am pretty sure giving someone a shove/push to the shoulder because you don't like a non-physical thing they did is the definition of losing your cool. Yep just looked in Webster's under "losing your cool" and there is a picture of Walton.

She lost her cool when she booted the ball that allowed the winning run on base. She lost her cool when she wouldn't shake hands with the opposing coach. She lost her cool when she pushed him in the back after he high fived her shoulder. She lost her cool when she started crying and yelling on the field.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
what's all your excuses? lol
This is the first spring in 14 or 15 years that I haven't been coaching so I can focus on helping DD with the college hunt. Unfortunately, DD is now unable to play or practice due to costochondritis (another thread) so I am unable to fill my softball jones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes