more drama from Florida v Auburn

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
Neither of them is innocent here, but the fact is Coach Walton apologized and she is continuing to act like a victim and a spoiled brat. I hope she catches one in her ear hole next game, or one of them big ol Gators knocks her on her butt!!

Edited to add, I was just kidding up there ^^^^ Do not hit people.

Last edited:
May 4, 2016
Neither of them is innocent here, but the fact is Coach Walton apologized and she is continuing to act like a victim and a spoiled brat. I hope she catches one in her ear hole next game, or one of them big ol Gators knocks her on her butt!!

See that's the way to teach sportsmanship. I find it amazing how soft Walton is that he let a college girl trigger him into physical contact. I think you really have to blame society and his generation for not preparing them to be able to handle the horrors of someone not wanting to give you a hi five. I certainly hope he was able to find a safe space after the game. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
imho, both coach and player were wrong.

A) if i were the ad at auburn: I would ask the player, "what is a 21yoa woman doing getting into a pushing match with a 45yoa man? How can this possibly be good for Auburn University?" i would require the player be benched for a game.
B) if i were the ad at florida: I would ask the coach, "what is a 45yoa man doing getting into a pushing match with a 21yoa woman? How can this possibly be good for u of f?" then, i would suspend him for a game.

fify.......

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Gotta love the banner at the bottom of Florida's website.......A CHAMPIONSHIP EXPERIENCE WITH INTEGRITY. Either way, it should be fun to watch if these two teams meet in the SEC tournament. They're not scheduled to play each other again on their regular schedules.

May 20, 2015

he apologized but in no way accepted any responsibility - he apologized for essentially missing a high five......when he should have apologized for losing his cool and pushing an opposing athlete

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
he apologized but in no way accepted any responsibility - he apologized for essentially missing a high five......when he should have apologized for losing his cool and pushing an opposing athlete

Perhaps, but she as apologized and accepted responsibility for nothing and never will.

May 23, 2015
There's been so much speculation and innuendo in this thread. More speculation than in hitting threads where everyone thinks they know the best way to swing a bat, but personally can't swing a bat. Drama with sisters? Racist? It's very very simple to me. This player who had an issue is a child who does not respect the game and understand that it's much bigger than her tiny self esteem. Period. A coach that responded in kind as any of the 50-75 coaches would have and the way her parents should've handled raising her through her whole life. As a parent that behavior is 100% unacceptable. As a coach that behavior is 100% unacceptable. As a player that behavior is 100% unacceptable.

Myers " Princess take your A to the shower now and don't worry about shaking hands. You'll get first choice of stalls" Problem solved

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12