more drama from Florida v Auburn

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2013
Geno Auriemma: Auriemma's 2013–2018 salary is $10.9 million
Dawn Staley: Staley is set to make $1.1 million in 2015-16
Pat Summit: ...annual compensation is $1.125 million per year in base salary.
John Wooden: Wooden's final salary in the 1975 season, when he won his 10th NCAA title, was $40,500. ($175,358 adjusted).

You have a group of people that are/have earned enormous amounts of money on the backs of the youth of this country. You think I care what they have to say about honor and integrity?

I don't begrudge them for making the money that they did but I am certainly not looking at them for guidance on morals and ethics.

You sure do begrudge them.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
By no means would give either party a free pass. The SEC and other conferences have worked very hard to build an audience and expand their base. Then two self absorbed people behaving poorly turned the Monday night (national TV) SEC game into a media circus. As they say at the house of the mouse - Not good show!

While we do not know exactly what Walton was thinking, if he was at all, I think the smart money is on your speculation. :)

The really sad part is Kaylee Carlson pitched her rear off and shut out the Gators in Gainesville for a 1-0 win, but all anyone is talking about is Walton/Fagan...

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I can't believe the blame the player people here. She didn't high 5 him 2 other days and there was no issue. Why? Because no one knew or cared. Did the sanctity of the game crumble by her lack of "sportsmanship". Was the game, the program, or the SEC damaged by the act of not slapping hands? Of course not. And it's silly to suggest it is, since it wasn't the previous two times.

Beyond that it sounds like the fight all started when she pushed him back.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I can't believe the blame the player people here. She didn't high 5 him 2 other days and there was no issue. Why? Because no one knew or cared. Did the sanctity of the game crumble by her lack of "sportsmanship". Was the game, the program, or the SEC damaged by the act of not slapping hands? Of course not. And it's silly to suggest it is, since it wasn't the previous two times.

Beyond that it sounds like the fight all started when she pushed him back.

So you act improperly twice and nothing happens, then the 3rd time it blows up in your face. But it shouldn't matter because you did the same thing twice and nothing happened? That is how foolish behavior works. It usually does not matter the first or second time, but somewhere down the line it bites you in the butt.

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
So you act improperly twice and nothing happens, then the 3rd time it blows up in your face. But it shouldn't matter because you did the same thing twice and nothing happened? Have not heard that one since the kids were in middle school. That is how foolish behavior works. It usually does not matter the first or second time, but somewhere down the line it bites you in the butt.

Do you think Coach Meyers wasn't aware of her actions prior to game 3? Given who his starting SS is and the experience of 2 of his grad assistants with Walton, I can't believe he wouldn't have had a discussion about expected conduct when facing Florida!

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Do you think Coach Meyers wasn't aware of her actions prior to game 3? Given who his starting SS is and the experience of 2 of his grad assistants with Walton, I can't believe he wouldn't have had a discussion about expected conduct when facing Florida!

Good question. At best he was oblivious to what was happening. At worst he condoned the behavior. It was a fail either way.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
When I'm bringing up the rear of the high-5 line, I cannot tell if anyone up ahead is not High 5'ing or doing something inappropriate unless someone brings it to my attention.

Last edited:
May 20, 2015
So you act improperly twice and nothing happens, then the 3rd time it blows up in your face. But it shouldn't matter because you did the same thing twice and nothing happened? That is how foolish behavior works. It usually does not matter the first or second time, but somewhere down the line it bites you in the butt.

it didn't blow up in her face

an adult, who is not her coach, who is supposed to teach the lessons and set the example, shoved her because he didn't approve of her actions, despite the fact that there is a legit possibility that her actual coach either accepted or supported them

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
it didn't blow up in her face

an adult, who is not her coach, who is supposed to teach the lessons and set the example, shoved her because he didn't approve of her actions, despite the fact that there is a legit possibility that her actual coach either accepted or supported them

I would disagree. She was looking to make a statement and get some attention. Do you think for a minute the Auburn Administration and Coaching Staff applauded her actions? Both she and Walton are adults and behaved like fools. Neither is a victim or came away unscathed due to their foolish behavior. This most certainly blew up in her face and as a result she has quite the legacy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs