more drama from Florida v Auburn

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
My father is probably in control of bigest LL baseball in country.

He got caught up in this exact story.

His story is he missed players hand, hit them in head.

Parent made an issue of it, made it to national level.

Good for them.

Jul 1, 2010
I think college softball could really get this thing rocking if they went back to the 10U days where the winning team gathered around the losing team's dugout making a tunnel and chanting "we are proud of you, we are proud of you".

sarcasm font off.

Feb 17, 2014
I would love to do away with it personally, not just in sports. People's hands are gross and the fewer strangers' hands my kids have to touch, the better. Yuck.

Had to chuckle at this. Your DD plays a sport where she plays outside, in dirt. She sticks her hand in a glove that's full of germs. You're worried about the other team? Her hands are just as gross. :D

Not being critical. Just finding some humor, ya know. :D

Jun 12, 2015
Had to chuckle at this. Your DD plays a sport where she plays outside, in dirt. She sticks her hand in a glove that's full of germs. You're worried about the other team? Her hands are just as gross. :D

Not being critical. Just finding some humor, ya know. :D

Dirt is less gross than wondering how many of the girls she's shaking hands with or high fiving used the (always disgusting) park bathrooms and didn't wash their hands after. lol

Jun 19, 2014
Raleigh,NC
This day and age, everyone gets a high five.
You struck out-high five
You overthrow 1st baseman...not just a little, I mean the closest person capable of fielding the ball is the fan sitting on the other side of the fence. You get a high five as well.
You run, trip on your untied shoelaces and get out before you even get up off the ground...yep, you get a high five.
The outfielder loses the ball in the sun because she didn't wear sunglasses...the ball pings her in the head...yep, high five once she comes to after being knocked out...come to think about, she deserves a high five. She got knocked out for the love of the game and learned a valuable lesson...don't forget the shades.

SB45

Dad, Coach, Chauffeur
Sep 2, 2016
Western NY
Can't believe anyone can argue this is the player's fault. So, the player has already decided she has no respect for the Florida coaches...I am sure in her mind they do not deserve her respect. Whether they earned that or not...don't know. So she decides there is no way she is shaking their hands or hi-5-ing them. Maybe that is poor sportsmanship. but let's say you are faced with someone you just have zero respect for...they don't treat you with respect...are you obligated to treat them with respect? Let's say she went through the line and instead of putting her hands down, she hit TW. What would the repercussions of a player hitting an opposing coach be?? He can say it was a mistake, but he hit her...plain and simple...intentionally hit a player that made no threat towards him at all. Honestly, she could have punched him in the face as a response and it would still be his fault. He should be fired.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Can't believe anyone can argue this is the player's fault. So, the player has already decided she has no respect for the Florida coaches...I am sure in her mind they do not deserve her respect. Whether they earned that or not...don't know. So she decides there is no way she is shaking their hands or hi-5-ing them. Maybe that is poor sportsmanship. but let's say you are faced with someone you just have zero respect for...they don't treat you with respect...are you obligated to treat them with respect? Let's say she went through the line and instead of putting her hands down, she hit TW. What would the repercussions of a player hitting an opposing coach be?? He can say it was a mistake, but he hit her...plain and simple...intentionally hit a player that made no threat towards him at all. Honestly, she could have punched him in the face as a response and it would still be his fault. He should be fired.

There are three sides to every story but, I am on this side. The more I read and watch this video, the more it pisses me off that he got away with it. But really, what did I expect would happen to him.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
More gas on the fire:
“I didn’t hit you,” Walton can be seen mouthing after Fagan pushes him from behind.

The Fagan family and Walton have a history. Two of Fagan’s sisters, Kasey and Sami Fagan, were dismissed from the Florida program before the 2012 NCAA Tournament because of an altercation, though details were not clear at the time, according to Alligator Army.
th

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Jeez, move on! I don't know her or about any family history with Walton, I'm still screaming at Fagan for booting that ground ball in the bottom of the seventh in game 1. If she makes what looked to be a routine play then we won't have to witness that idiot play that McCrackin made in CF! Heck, I thought we were going to see it again last night! I ALWAYS pull for anyone who's playing Florida so when McCrackin missed that easy gift in foul territory yesterday, I told my DD I'd jerk her butt out RIGHT THEN and replace her with ANYONE on their bench who remotely had a clue about catching a ball!!! Maybe Walton told Fagan nice boot at the end of game 1?? Auburn should have walked out of Florida 2-1.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish