more drama from Florida v Auburn

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2014
I am surprised sports continue to do a hand shake line at the end of a competition. I see very little upside...I like how Major League Baseball players handle a win - they congratulate their teammates. No need to 'visit' with the other team.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
“I apologize to Haley. I just wanted to congratulate Auburn on the win – it was a good series.

“My intent was to give a high-five to each opposing player as we do after every game. Apparently, her hand wasn’t up as I said ‘good game’ and I touched her shoulder. I should have paid closer attention and did not intend to upset her.

“I regret that this has taken attention away from the effort and sportsmanship both teams displayed all weekend.”

Florida Softball Head Coach Tim Walton

OMGosh its all okay now! Forget I ever posted this..... sarcasm off

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Regardless of who is in the WH a bunch of adults using little kids as pawns for a political statement is wrong on so many levels. People like that should not be allowed anywhere near youth sports.

Well maybe. Some people use children for political statements and make it to high places. If I had a son... I'd use him as a political statment.

Jun 12, 2015
I am surprised sports continue to do a hand shake line at the end of a competition. I see very little upside...I like how Major League Baseball players handle a win - they congratulate their teammates. No need to 'visit' with the other team.

I would love to do away with it personally, not just in sports. People's hands are gross and the fewer strangers' hands my kids have to touch, the better. Yuck.

ian

Jun 11, 2015

Watched college baseball and they don't shake hands with the other team after the game.

Dec 27, 2014
I would love to do away with it personally, not just in sports. People's hands are gross and the fewer strangers' hands my kids have to touch, the better. Yuck.
As a coach I like to go down the line and congratulate the other team for competing how they did. I like to think my players feel the same way. But, many times it seems to have devolved into a mindless charade of each player repeating good game good game and just keeping their hand up so it happens to catch the other hands as they go down the line.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad