more drama from Florida v Auburn

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2013
Let me start out by saying I think they were both wrong!! However if you want to try something to help you see if anything was intentional try this. Line up 4 or 5 players and go thru line like a normal high five after and game. Then tell one to not put their hand up and see what happens! Made things and whole lot clearer after trying this in my mind as to whether there was intent or not. Just my opinion!!

Sep 18, 2011
Let me start out by saying I think they were both wrong!! However if you want to try something to help you see if anything was intentional try this. Line up 4 or 5 players and go thru line like a normal high five after and game. Then tell one to not put their hand up and see what happens! Made things and whole lot clearer after trying this in my mind as to whether there was intent or not. Just my opinion!!

Yes on the local softball message board someone posted that they meticulously recreated the situation and proved without a shadow of a doubt that it was a missed high five. While I tend to believe that's what happened, I think most people are just a little too sure of themselves for my taste.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Yes on the local softball message board someone posted that they meticulously recreated the situation and proved without a shadow of a doubt that it was a missed high five. While I tend to believe that's what happened, I think most people are just a little too sure of themselves for my taste.

Just went through a line myself and high fived all the players and not once did I extend my arm far enough to "shove" a girl in the shoulder. Complete BS!

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England

Video of Walton-Fagan post game 1 versus post game 3. Case closed.

ETA - I don't think even a Johnny Cochran "If the hands don't hit, you must acquit" defense would have a chance.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I have watched the video dozens of times at this point. My belief is the same now as it was on the first day. Both parties were at fault.... Period. I have no interest in trying to determine which one was more at fault because that is irrelevant, IMO. In some situations both parties can be wrong and both parties can be disciplined.

Apr 5, 2013
Should have said it better but when recreating it we came no where near hitting the shoulder of a player! To do that we had to turn hand and extend away from body and I have never seen anyone do that while high diving in a line. My opinion but no way was it not intentionally done.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I finally saw the game. Gourley pitched a gem but Auburn got a HR that was enough to win it. She's my new favorite pitcher. Carlson looked illegal on almost every pitch. The kerfuffel between fagan and Walton is an internet creation. Watching it in real time it was like "yeah, whatever"

At the end of the day, She's a good ball player and he's a good coach.

Clint Meyers is also a very good coach- but after the game when they showed him talking to his team, his head looked HUGE!!(due to the zoom lens from far away) no one is talking about his illegally sized head!:D

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
I think that Auburn has bigger problems than this. Clint's son resigned and the college discussion board, is not mincing words about it.
In fact, some think that this situation is drawing attention away from the real problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez