Cracked end cap - anyone fix these?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 3, 2021
Rolling the bat breaks the bat in essentially. You save time not having to put however many hundreds of swings on it. Completely legal.

Shaving (I used to liked having them end loaded too way back in mens league when I played) a bat can add massive distance. It’s why our girls 12u team had to have all their bats go through a compression test and get the sticker before playing PGF nationals last year. Shaving and end loading are completely illegal. Cap comes off and the bat is technically illegal.

Swung many different shaved bats back in the day of men’s league. Like was said, it completely depends on the bat, and most importantly, if the person doing it knows how much to take off for different bats. Some were complete duds and a complete waste of money just to make your bat have a shorter lifespan. Others were downright scary with a huge sweet spot. They started confiscating bats to have them inspected if you batted a ball and injured player. At that point I stuck to regular bats. Had way too much to lose in a lawsuit. Others didn’t so they used them anyway.

Then, there is taking a bat that is banned painting it buying stickers and making it look like a legal bat. Lots of shenanigans in men’s league. I am completely against it nowadays though. Leave that to the home run derby exhibition events.

Jun 3, 2021
Ive been told cleaning up and using 3M, marine epoxy is the ticket for saving a bat to be used for practice or the cage.

Jun 3, 2021
Someone was calling baloney so I figured I’d chime in with real world (dated to 2014 and earlier LOL) first hand experience. Done right it’s amazing but should be considered a percentage of gain and not adding 60 ft to a check swing.

Info coming from talking with the people checking our teams bats at PGF nationals last year. If it passes the visual and compression test a bat will be deemed legal and get the sticker. Fast pitch bats mostly come “hot out of the wrapper” now so nobody I know is rolling them.

3m marine epoxy is the ticket according to the people I’ve heard from for a cap that has come off a baseball or softball bat. Or send it out and pay someone. Core might know a guy. Wink.

Back to looking at people’s experience with the Ghost Unlimited. Shaved bats got me walking down memory lane. Carry on.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
With all the new inner tech bats, I suggest against rolling. It will damage more than help. Seen rolling marks, seen warped barrels,
seen paint start falling off instantly after use, seen breaks instantly, etc...

Just take BP and get better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00