Monday brag 6-20

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
Honestly, I've got nothin'. We looked awful this weekend. My kid also forgot how to hit. But I'm looking forward to reading about what everybody else's kids did well this weekend :)

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
DD's team could only get 2nd place for their dear old dads.....
fathersday.jpg

Sorry for the scary bald guy.
lauraand dad.jpg

Last edited:

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
We won... it was weathered shortened, but we won as the highest seed remaining when they called it (we were undefeated this weekend and were up 7-3 in the last inning of the semi finals when it was called).

We have been foiled by weather multiple times in the past, so though we would rather have played the game, it was kind of nice to be on the right side of a weather result for once.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
DD had a fantastic weekend. They played 1 game Friday, 3 games Saturday and 2 games Sunday. She pitched every other game and a couple of innings in relief (recall that her team only has 2 pitchers). I don't know what her batting or pitching stats were but they won every game except last game (lost by 2 run deficit and it was single elimination). From what I can remember from DHs texts, she had at least 2 doubles, several singles and a HR. And best part is a coach from the school she emailed showed up and watched her all day Saturday. He talked to her after the last game at length about their program and put the ball in her court for a visit. :)

Oh and she had to study all weekend for a test on Sunday (she is taking a couple of online college classes). In spite of some issues we had (weird power failure that had power company at our house until 3:30 this morning), she took the test (at neighborhood Starbucks) and still got a good grade on it.

Anyway, she has a camp/visit with another school on Wednesday, and then next weekend, we get ready to go to Colorado!!

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Glass half full time.

DD 3's team was 2-2 in a no pool double elimination tournament. They should have done better, lost twice to the same team. Missed coming back Sunday when DD 3 struck out with bases loaded, 2 outs on a 3-2 count.

But, I noticed several things.

First, DD 3 was pitching much better than her last tourney. She pitched all but 2 innings. The other starting pitcher was injured and was recovering from strep.

Second, even though DD 3 got hammered early on in 3 of the 4 games, she got much better in the later innings. (One game she pitched a shutout against a team she had barely beaten a few weeks earlier. ) That gave her team the chance to come back from big deficits, and in one game they came back to win 7-6 after being down 6-1 after 2 innings. Some of that was errors, but still, she got better. In the 4th inning she faced 4 batters, in the 5th only 3.

Long story short, DD 3 has had some bumps making the transition from 12u to 14u, in that pitches that would blow girls away in 12u wind up in the outfield in 14u. She's making mistakes, and she's learning from her mistakes.

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
Not my kid (although she has played exceptional in her last two tournaments), but two weeks ago our #4 hitter put one over a 4' high fence 200' away in the 10U Championship game. Not to be outdone, our #5 hitter hit one over a 6' fence 205' away in pool play with the bases loaded. Never seen that in 10U before.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Maddie has been hitting the ball consistently hard, but things just haven't been dropping or finding holes. A week ago, it was a rocket right back to the pitcher's glove and a line drive snagged by a leaping SS. This Saturday, a ripped line drive to the OF was caught at ankle level by CF running flat out. It was a damn good catch, but only added to Maddie's frustrations. In the team's last at-bat of their final game of the day, Maddie was at the plate with 2 runners on, and a 2-2 tie. Again, she hit the ball hard, and FINALLY found a hole with a hard grounder that went past CF for a 2-RBI, walk-off double.

Oct 10, 2011
Our team had its worst weekend I've seen and I'm sure coming back the day before from senior week didn't help... On a good note, DD is now hitting in the 5 hole just behind 2 girls coming off their D1 seasons... Coach called her the RBI Machine.. No great hits but very consistent hard shots... I'm very proud of her😊

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
DD was at a big college recruiting tournament in the beautiful Northwest this weekend (over 160 teams in this one). DD's team held their own placing #2 in their pool and qualifying for the Gold division bracket before falling in two straight in bracket play to some amazing teams. DD had a fabulous weekend both behind and at the plate, hitting a two run HR off of a Stanford signed pitcher with her #1 & #2 pick college coaches watching. We got home at 3:00am after driving 12 hours straight - now I am trying to get up the ambition to go to work...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06