Monday Brag 5-2

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
What did your girls do that was awesome this weekend?

We played in an ASA qualifier, beat a 2nd year 10U team that had always beaten us before. Even got to play on Sunday. It's fun to watch them improve.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
We made the championship game but couldn't score enough to win...

What was great was that the two trophy hunting teams that were expected to play for the championship didn't make it - both teams in the championship game knocked them off in the semi finals. We hadn't beaten the team we took out before so a great day for us.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
DD's team had a great day on Saturday and beat ECB-Schnutte (Kelly Barnhill's old team who now has a Missouri commit throwing 68+). We then laid an egg on Sunday and lost to a team we should beat 9 out of 10 times. Came home and watched Auburn get run ruled by Tennessee twice and I no longer felt so bad about our one run loss....

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
My dd's 12U Team won their tournament. It has several rain delays and so, a lot of game on Sunday. They finished their game last night at 8 minutes after 11. This was her team's first tournament win. They have placed 2nd a lot. Though I know this is hard to believe, one of the 12U girls my dd coaches hit a home run last night that was easily 240 feet. One college coach there, who's child was playing, said that he believed that ball was at least 260 feet. It was a serious blast. This was a great tournament win for my dd and her team and needed.

Nov 2, 2015
The team I'm coaching (8U machine pitch) got their 2nd win of the season, winning 6-0. DD went 4-4, and all the girls are getting better each time out!
Fun to watch!

Dec 17, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
The hitting streak continues for my DD. The girls won 5-1. I ran out of stickers!! Girls are not going to like me on Tuesday. Unless it rains.....

DD had her first hitting lesson and did so well. She interacts better with female coaches and players giving her instruction over me or other male coaches.

Sep 27, 2015
My oldest daughter pitches and plays right field, which she finally enjoys. Our last game of the weekend, she was pitching well and had been for three innings. But because she was in to pitch, a different player was in right field who doesn't ever play outfield. She asked her coach to remove her as pitcher and put her back in the outfield as she thought she would be more help out there. She was pitching well, had strikeouts each inning, but some of the girls were hitting off her. Since they were also hitting off the other pitcher, I think her choice to go outfield and help her teammates (caught two hits out there) was selfless.

This from a girl who hated outfield last year.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Rough weekend for our team, 1-2. DD got to start all three varsity games though and moved up to second in the lineup. I think that is pretty big for a 7th grader.

We hit around twice in the top of the first in our second game against a not so good school. DD had a bunt single and a BB in the top of the first. When it got around to her the 3rd time in the inning she was pulled for a pinch hitter. She started and along with four other "starters" never saw a minute on defense. Really tough game to watch.

Mar 18, 2014
Georgia
DD's team had a great day on Saturday and beat ECB-Schnutte (Kelly Barnhill's old team who now has a Missouri commit throwing 68+). We then laid an egg on Sunday and lost to a team we should beat 9 out of 10 times. Came home and watched Auburn get run ruled by Tennessee twice and I no longer felt so bad about our one run loss....
Who put Yall out? We beat Biel 5 to 0, ECB- schnutte 9 to 3 the beat Hoover 3 to 2 in the championship game.