Monday Brag 5-2

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Who put Yall out? We beat Biel 5 to 0, ECB- schnutte 9 to 3 the beat Hoover 3 to 2 in the championship game.

Congratulations on winning the tournament! We got put out by Firecrackers-Floor. We were up 2-0 in the 6th and had a Bad News Bears inning with 3 errors, 3 walks, and a couple of hits to give up 6 runs. Ended up losing 5-6.

Jun 12, 2015
Congratulations on winning the tournament! We got put out by Firecrackers-Floor. We were up 2-0 in the 6th and had a Bad News Bears inning with 3 errors, 3 walks, and a couple of hits to give up 6 runs. Ended up losing 5-6.

Wait, so the Bad News Bears thing never goes away? Doh!

May 22, 2015
Illinois
DD guest played in a tournament over the weekend. Won Friday night 9-3 and Saturday was a total rain out. Lost Sunday night 13-1 in an elimination game. After re-seeding teams we got stuck playing the eventual championship team. On the bright side DD had three beautiful slap hit singles and one walk, 5 stolen bases, 2 runs scored, and an RBI over the two games. She had the one and only base hit for the team in yesterdays game. In 6 games since the start of the season she only not reached base twice. It's amazing how far she's come and how well she's taken to slapping.

Sep 18, 2011
With one out and a runner on third in the first inning of a scoreless game, and dd playing normal depth at ss, on a routine grounder she made the decision to try for the out at home. It didn't work and ended up leading to a three run inning. Given that this happens to be one of my biggest pet peeves about fastpitch (rarely would you see a baseball team going for the out at home in the early innings but it seems to happen all of the time in fastpitch - drives me nuts), when she came into the dugout after the half inning I muttered, loud enough for her to hear, "take the out at first." You know, helpful advice from the stands. All players love that, right?? Anyway, and here's the brag, although she gave me a look that said "%&$%#!#$$%&^%*&%$#@@!!," she did not kill me on the spot. Kid has remarkable self control.

Anyway, she did end up hitting what proved to be the game winning home run in the top of the 7th. So there's that.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
With one out and a runner on third in the first inning of a scoreless game, and dd playing normal depth at ss, on a routine grounder she made the decision to try for the out at home. It didn't work and ended up leading to a three run inning. Given that this happens to be one of my biggest pet peeves about fastpitch (rarely would you see a baseball team going for the out at home in the early innings but it seems to happen all of the time in fastpitch - drives me nuts), when she came into the dugout after the half inning I muttered, loud enough for her to hear, "take the out at first." You know, helpful advice from the stands. All players love that, right?? Anyway, and here's the brag, although she gave me a look that said "%&$%#!#$$%&^%*&%$#@@!!," she did not kill me on the spot. Kid has remarkable self control.

Anyway, she did end up hitting what proved to be the game winning home run in the top of the 7th. So there's that.

We have always taught our players that with a runner on 3B and no force at home, F3 and F5 can come home (assuming they are playing inside the bag) and F4 and F6 take the out at first (unless they are cheated WAY in and it is decided before the pitch that they will come home). One of our errors on Sunday was similar. F3 took two steps to her right to field a ground ball and instead of taking the out at 1st she threw home with no shot at the runner. Ended up giving up 6 runs that inning....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes