Mods, Administrator, Ken??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 26, 2018
Bacon in the oven is the way to go. There's basically no mess or grease all over and the house still has the delicious bacony smell

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I don’t know what Halo Top Brown Bourbon Ice Cream is but it sounds REALLY good!

I think you will like the bacon that way. It cooks evenly and it’s a lot less work.

Bourbon Brown Sugar Ice Cream is really good. I really like the Halo Top brand and they have so many different flavors. We have a Mennonite grocery chain near us in Lancaster County, PA that sells surplus food. We get all different kinds of foods for relatively cheap. It was the first place I had ever seen Halo Top brand ice cream. We bought a bunch of pints of it for $1.99 a pint and brought it home stored in dry ice since it was hot out and we weren't going home until the next day (we were staying in Lancaster County because we were doing a lot of shopping at Tanger Outlet, the mall and some other stores there). I actually found I like Halo Top over Ben and Jerry's and Haagan Dass...and I like Ben and Jerry's. But I actually find I like Turkey Hill, Friendly's, Blue Bunny and Breyer's ice cream best of the store brands. Still yet, nothing beats our local creamery (unless we make a trip to Shady Maple...then all bets are off 😋;)).

I'm going to try that bacon trick tomorrow morning. I don't have to be anywhere aside from a side trip to Target tomorrow and we start graduation practice Monday.

Jun 11, 2012
Instead of aluminum foil, try parchment paper. Less risk of the bacon sticking to parchment than the foil.
Even better is if you have a roasting rack you can drape the bacon on the rack that is on the baking sheet that is covered in either foil or parchment paper.
What I love about this was is that all the grease drips off leaving you with crispier less greasy bacon

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Even better is if you have a roasting rack you can drape the bacon on the rack that is on the baking sheet that is covered in either foil or parchment paper.
What I love about this was is that all the grease drips off leaving you with crispier less greasy bacon

I figured this out while doing bacon this morning. It was so much easier to do in the oven versus frying it. Also, your right. Doing it on a rack made it less fatty and crisper which I liked so much better with my eggs on an English muffin.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
For those who complain about moderators, you'd be shocked to see what a moderator has to do. For example, yesterday, I bet I deleted some 40 posts on one of the sites I moderate. I couldn't get to the moderator portion of that site fast enough and had to continually delete racist, misogynist, ... posts as a jerk signed up and attempted to take the site over. Finally, another moderator jumped in and helped ban that person. In all, I was at it for approximately an hour and a half.

I've been a moderator on one site or another (3 total) since the early 2000s. One of those sites, and the first one I moderated, has just about died. It was a sports website where the activity was mostly local. People wanted more and bigger and have left that site. Many of us could name a site that is now does not have moderation. Anything goes and does. The original intent of that site was to talk hitting. Now, it is at least half personal attacks.

I'll wrap up by mentioning that there are many negative aspects of moderating a site. I've had a guy threaten to kill my family. I've had people call my work and call for me to be fired while sending an email anytime I made a post letting my bosses know when I made a post. I've had to hire lawyers and private investigators to track down a the guy who threatened my family when it escalated and got so much more severe. That guy is now doing time in prison. I've lost friends due to moves I have had to make as a moderator. I greatly respect the moderators of this site and appreciate their efforts.

Darrell Butler

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
If it was deleted ... how did you notice it? Unless YOU were the one who deleted it!

tenor.gif
Moderators don't have the luxury of having deleted posts disappear. Though I don't moderate this site, we use the same platform on the ones I do moderate. When a post is deleted, it disappears to the general public. Moderators can view it and take other actions such as allow it to be opened again, leave it and issue an infraction keeping the message as evidence of what was posted and/or access that post and then the member who posted it to quickly gain access to the moderation board to ban the members.

May 29, 2015
I’m going to start adding

*drip*sarcastic humor*drip*

to my posts like that. I always think it’s obvious, but I guess not. :p

I appreciate mods even when I don’t agree with them (this is NOT one of those cases - I saw the thread and backed out quietly, it was a train wreck in slow motion). I can only imagine the crap you go through particularly in this day and age.

I am a regular at a movie/entertainment forum that I have belonged to since 1999. I don’t do social media at all. This is only the second forum I have ever frequented. I picked up this one and an umpire shortly after. Sadly, the behavior issues are all over the place. While the one we are discussing here was mild, it was fruitless.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
It was too much to quote you Cannoball...but I agree 100%. And I apologize you went thru that crap
for all the good forum people around.

Mods go thru a ton of sh!t and get no credit. Almost like a good umpire, if you dont hear
anything, they did well. But something someone doesnt agree with...you hear plenty :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06