Mods, Administrator, Ken??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
It was too much to quote you Cannoball...but I agree 100%. And I apologize you went thru that crap
for all the good forum people around.

Mods go thru a ton of sh!t and get no credit. Almost like a good umpire, if you dont hear
anything, they did well. But something someone doesnt agree with...you hear plenty :)
Hey Core Darryl's kid is older, he doesn't need any more bats 🤣

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
For those who complain about moderators, you'd be shocked to see what a moderator has to do. For example, yesterday, I bet I deleted some 40 posts on one of the sites I moderate. I couldn't get to the moderator portion of that site fast enough and had to continually delete racist, misogynist, ... posts as a jerk signed up and attempted to take the site over. Finally, another moderator jumped in and helped ban that person. In all, I was at it for approximately an hour and a half.

I've been a moderator on one site or another (3 total) since the early 2000s. One of those sites, and the first one I moderated, has just about died. It was a sports website where the activity was mostly local. People wanted more and bigger and have left that site. Many of us could name a site that is now does not have moderation. Anything goes and does. The original intent of that site was to talk hitting. Now, it is at least half personal attacks.

I'll wrap up by mentioning that there are many negative aspects of moderating a site. I've had a guy threaten to kill my family. I've had people call my work and call for me to be fired while sending an email anytime I made a post letting my bosses know when I made a post. I've had to hire lawyers and private investigators to track down a the guy who threatened my family when it escalated and got so much more severe. That guy is now doing time in prison. I've lost friends due to moves I have had to make as a moderator. I greatly respect the moderators of this site and appreciate their efforts.

Darrell Butler

Thank you Darrell/Cannonball. Appreciate the kind words, as well as those from others. Sorry you had to go through all of that. It's crazy.

Fortunately, and at the risk of jinxing us, that is not the case here. I think we have the best possible membership you could ask for. Someone may get out of hand now and then, but for the most part, like 99%, the folks who frequent this site are great.

Core, yes we are like umpires in a lot of ways. Sometimes we make calls that aren't popular, and sometimes we may even get it wrong. But we do the best we can to deliver a great user experience for everyone. And to keep discussion on-track.

Of course, sometimes exceptions on the softball-only rule must be made. Particularly when it comes to bacon.;

May 6, 2015
Ha! I almost posted it as soon as I mentioned it!

Here it is: About 15 minutes at 425 on a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. No need to flip or anything.

I bought a couple aluminum Nordicware “half sheets” on Amazon awhile back. Heavy duty. I throw a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil across it and there is almost no cleanup. And so much easier than a stovetop pan.

I have a killer brownie recipe too. Many think that brownies and IPA don’t go together. So sadly misinformed.

be very cautious please cooking bacon in oven. we did this one christmas morning, long story short, FD had to be called, grease on backing sheet caught on fire. extinguished itself once we left door shut with oven off (and oven was fine), but we had already called 911, FD came with their monster fans and cleared smoke, so we needed them anyway. helluva christmas morning, me in Front yard in seatpants and a flannel,, firefighters in house, DW and kids in minivan in driveway in PJs (was chilly).

christmas we will never forget. now we do pillsbury cinnamon buns for christmas breakfast!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I've seen this at Walmart and just from the look of it...it doesn't look too good. But it sounds delicious. What do you use it in? I'm wondering in case I decide to buy some to try.

I never got any from Walmart...haha. Every time I go to Connecticut to play we go to a bar/restaurant that makes their
own and I get a container...half the menu is bacon related. Its awesome!!!!
You can put it on any sandwich you think bacon will add to...which is everything :)

Oct 4, 2018
Bacon in the oven is the way to go. There's basically no mess or grease all over and the house still has the delicious bacony smell

There's still a ton of grease. And the bacon tends to stick to whatever you set it on.

Bacon just isn't easy. Unless you get it at a restaurant.

Dec 11, 2010
be very cautious please cooking bacon in oven. we did this one christmas morning, long story short, FD had to be called, grease on backing sheet caught on fire. extinguished itself once we left door shut with oven off (and oven was fine), but we had already called 911, FD came with their monster fans and cleared smoke, so we needed them anyway. helluva christmas morning, me in Front yard in seatpants and a flannel,, firefighters in house, DW and kids in minivan in driveway in PJs (was chilly).

christmas we will never forget. now we do pillsbury cinnamon buns for christmas breakfast!

Holy cow! I’m going to rethink this.

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
Never had that (fire) happen - been cooking bacon in the oven for 20 years. I set the oven at 400 and check on it with a timer every six minutes till it is done. Usually 12-15 minutes. It cooks too fast at 425.

May 6, 2015
probably did do it too high, but once burned, twice shy (literally). did not say dont do it, but do it cautiously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06