Mission Accomplished IMO.............

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2008
I wish I had 1/10th the fastpitch knowledge that BM has. I also wish I could have met the man 10 years ago while I was adapting from BB pitching and "trying" to teach my own DD to pitch. He's one of those members that each time I see him post/reply, I click on to try to soak up all his valuable information. You ever come to the great state of Tennessee, a steak dinner is on me..........as long as you'll sit and talk ball a while. :)

Only been there once........1999 18 Gold Nationals in Chattanooga.........Lovely state........Wonderful people.........First time I've ever seen a "Steak n Shake"........And first time I heard the words "you want sweet-tea or unsweet-tea"........Also visited the Choo-Choo museum.......

I remember meeting a guy there who owed a small batting cage where we went to hit before the games. He was trying to push a batting grip he patented that had raised bumps on them to separate the fingers........Can't remember what he called the grip.........

Anyway........Hope I get the chance to visit one day again......

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Only been there once........1999 18 Gold Nationals in Chattanooga.........Lovely state........Wonderful people.........First time I've ever seen a "Steak n Shake"........And first time I heard the words "you want sweet-tea or unsweet-tea"........Also visited the Choo-Choo museum.......

I remember meeting a guy there who owed a small batting cage where we went to hit before the games. He was trying to push a batting grip he patented that had raised bumps on them to separate the fingers........Can't remember what he called the grip.........

Anyway........Hope I get the chance to visit one day again......

We take our sweet tea very seriously. Some versions will induce a diabetic coma. :)

Sounds like you met coach Tickey, not on my side of the state, but mid 90's he was trying to "push" a brass knuckle grip on bats as a training aid. Man I haven't thought of that in years. Lol

Jul 14, 2008
We take our sweet tea very seriously. Some versions will induce a diabetic coma. :)

Sounds like you met coach Tickey, not on my side of the state, but mid 90's he was trying to "push" a brass knuckle grip on bats as a training aid. Man I haven't thought of that in years. Lol

Those were the days!

Jul 17, 2012
I know I didn't get off to a great start with you back when I first joined DFP ..... but I will raise both hands .... You've helped my daughter more than you can ever imagine. For that I say Thank You!!

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
IR=whip? No. It's possible to get some whip with lower arm ER (RLG.). Its a forced motion. The best whip comes form allowing the lower arm to work for you with less effort and a more efficient result. The great thing about BoardMember's efforts is that its getting better knowledge and understanding of what the best do--out into the real world. My hope is that someday soon, whip with lower arm I/R will take over for bowling, wrist snap and HE. I'd guess that 80-90% still teach wrist snaps. Lets give our kids some better instruction.

JJ,
Thanks, but I'm just a parrot.

BoardMember,
I'm not taking back my "Thanks."

Ken

Last edited:

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
This site makes people that share knowledge/ideas accessible... and they do so with little to no personal gain. How cool is that? Seriously?!

In fact, I know of two sites that have "lifted" this sites info/presentations and tacked on a charge... sadly, not doing justice, or even citing the original source.

I, too, have an issue with all of the negative-Nancy types that chime in discounting technical advice. Calling out bs is one thing, calling out too much information is absolutely absurd... as who are YOU to set a limitation on this sites audience? If it's too much info... find all the monosyllabic words you can make sense of and be happy that you made it that far. ;)

BM - you have a knack with words and making complex material accessible. You already know how I feel... but I totally dig that you do so without dropping a plug.

Since we're handing out thanks... thanks to all of the positive contributors... I've filled so many notebooks up with your shared ideas. You're all aces in my book(s)...

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
It's possible to get some whip with lower arm ER (RLG.).

Funny you mention her. She was the last stop I had before this site. I briefly thought that was the answer before I found the I/R classroom thread. I will say that at least her method has the whip concept included as a main feature. I can see her pitchers going pretty far with what she teaches. I am actually surprised she has not found the I/R info and had an aha moment and revised her online info.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Rick is like the ultimate bucket dad. He did what we all are striving to do. He worked with his daughter and helped her become one of the best in the world.

Although I'm sure Coach Pauly has spent more time sitting on a bucket than most, AND the he's the dad of one of the NPF's all-time greats; he was also a very accomplished and nationally known pitcher. Add to that: a college coach and professional PC.

My favorite trait of Coach Pauly is that he's still a student of the game. He still asks questions, studies, ponders, experiment and most of all, he loves teaching what he's learned. Coach Pauly definitely deserves the the title, "UBD," and maybe more...

Last edited:
Ken B
Thanks for the kind words. I have to set the record straight regarding my pitching skills.....I would probably classify me as barely above average Class A level pitcher at best.....my days at the Men's Major level were as an infielder and an emergency back up pitcher if our Kiwis or Canadians had a few to many "pops" the night before and couldn't find the ball park the next day.
I do believe I am still a student of the game.....so much so that my wife thinks I'm obsessed (and crazy).

Although I'm sure Coach Pauly has spent more time sitting on a bucket than most, AND the he's the dad of one of the NPF's all-time greats; he was also a very accomplished and nationally known pitcher. Add to that: a college coach and professional PC.

My favorite trait of Coach Pauly is that he's still a student of the game. He still asks questions, studies, ponders, experiment and most of all, he loves teaching what he's learned. Coach Pauly definitely deserves the the title, "UBD," and maybe more...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCsDad