minors rules modifications

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
update, two seasons on now, no implementations of any suggestions, still crossing.whiting out copy of last years rules (changing dates, etc.) for this years rules, with another set of modification to modifications via email. How hard is it to put it into a word document and update actual document? in fact I did it for them, but they still just cross and white out (as you can imagine, looks like a wreck).

summary of rule mods as they are now

-4 run limit, doubled to 8 in last inning (declared by ump at start of inning)
-coach pitch on 4 ball count after 3 walks (worded poorly, but is intrepreted and played as if it reads with bases loaded), strikes carry over.
-3 steals per inning, no stealing home until after early May, then one steal may be to home (but still overall limit of 3); advancing on past ball is considered a steal.
-players cannot leave bag until ball has crossed HP
-Throwback from catcher to pitcher is a dead ball after runner has retreated (so if pitcher does not catch ball, no advancing)
-one base on overthrows unless ball is still in field of play

no mention of continuation, but have not seen anyone try to do it, so not really an issue.

been an interesting season so far, had one manager try to tell me that the throwback rule meant if they hesitated at all on their steals (and most at this level do when told to go, they look back to make certain you meant it), they had to retreat. I guess reading comprehension is tough for some. basically the league that insisted on this rule want the games to be like tball, one base advancement at a time. had one instance where it took like 6 throws to get ball from catcher back to pitcher, all runners standing there watching. let's coaches be lazy not having to teach skills or the game.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA