Miken NXT Freak: FPNX10

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
I had such angst over this bat. Bought the Miken NXT Freak for my DD a month or two ago, and almost immediately regretted my purchase. Felt strange straying from Louisville Slugger but the word of mouth on the NXT and of course the price made me take a chance. A month (or two) in the batting cage was all well and good, but I could tell that DD really wanted a Onex, especially when her ball speed was measured and it was slightly higher with the Onex. Well recent events have made the Onex envy a moot point, and today she saw live action for the first time in three months, and of course saw her first action ever with the Miken. She went 4 for 4 with three doubles. Thanks to all for your feedback regarding this bat.

Dec 11, 2010
Glad she likes the nxt! There are not as many Mikens out there as some other makes but the girls that have them like 'em.

That also goes for the ultra light bats like the Rain. I don't care for the light bats but some girls use them to great results.

Sep 17, 2012
I grabbed an NXT for the DD a few months ago. Around the same time, I also lucked into a used Techzilla at Play It Again to have for her to use as a cage and cold weather bat. Wouldn't you know it, she loves the $20 Techzilla and has barely swung the NXT. She's been hitting pretty well, so I'm not going to push too hard for her to start using the NXT, but it's nice to have as a back up in the bat bag.

Dec 11, 2010
I am not nearly as enamored with NXT as I once was.

Still think they are good bat for player looking for balanced bat for a good price.

Jun 24, 2011
snapped it in half at the handle. Pitch inside and there goes the bat. Warranty service here we come.

I'd love to hear some feedback on how Miken handles a warranty return. We're debating replacing DD's first run Xeno with either a 2014 Xeno or a 2014 Miken Triad 3.

Oct 7, 2009
Filled out online claim form where you tell which replacement bat you want (I picked the Rev Ex). Sent the bat back via USPS Priority with insurance. Received bat about two weeks later. Pretty smooth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles