Miken NXT Freak: FPNX10

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
Lot of sites sold out. I'm looking for a bat for DD but, 22 oz maybe to heavy for her/

I got a 32/22 454 for DD and it weighed 22.4 oz when I put it on the postal scale. So, in my experience, it runs a little heavier than sticker, but not too bad.

Oct 10, 2011
I tried putting a tater grip on my DD's bat, TWICE, and ripped the grip both times. I'm sure it was user error, but holy cow I've never been more frustrated in my life. Well... hardly ever. :)

I thought it was pretty easy, but I did watch a video first for some tips.

Sep 18, 2011
Ok. You people wore me down. Just bought a Miken NXT FPNX10 34/24 bat on Ebay. Got the same price as O.P. ($119 shipped). Hope DD likes it. She LOVES her 2012 Xeno but the 2013s aren't getting good reviews despite being the same bat, and the Onex is too untested. So we'll take a shot with the Miken. Huge leap of faith. I will let you know if it works out.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Worth and Miken are owned by the same company, so the person that said that they roll off the same line is kinda true but that doesnt mean each Miken or Worth has a twin in each others' bat line. There are some bats that are twins, but not all. The NXT is not a 454. Miken has just recently been trying to get heavier into fastpitch bats, so the popularity for their fp bats isnt there yet like Worth, Demar, Louisville/TPS. The NXT is a very good bat, just never got the love from players...hence the cheaper prices you are seeing.

Oct 7, 2009
My daughter used hers at practice yesterday for the first time and really like it. The coach saw the bat, picked it up, and said, "that's a hot bat." She liked the comment.

Sep 18, 2011
Anyone know if the new Rev-Ex is basically the same bat as the FPNX10?? Was thinking about buying the Rev-Ex as well but I have not read a single review yet.

Sep 18, 2011
DD has had the bat for a couple of weeks. Still too early to post a meaningful review, but I can tell you that her bat runs heavier than listed. I put it on the postal scale and found that her 34/24 bat actually weighed 24.9 ounces. Just an fyi.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
.9 is really only half an ounce, and not terrible. I will say, that 99.9% of bats will NOT be the exact weight that is listed on the bat.

Sep 18, 2011
Thanks, Core. I really appreciate your knowledge and expertise about this. Since you sell a lot of Miken and Worth bats, I was wondering if you've had any feedback on any of the newer models? Specifically the Miken Rev-Ex but really any of the newer models. Thanks. And again thanks for all the great info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles