Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Middle infield glove

Jan 8, 2019
I probably wouldn’t look any further, Lemond nailed it! This just can’t be beat for the money!

Now you got me thinking that I need to go buy one of these. Just to have!

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
My now 10 YO DD has been using this glove for over 3 year (including 5 TB seasons) and it has held up pretty well.

I think bought it for around $175

Edit: Looks like the model I linked to is for LH thrower. Not sure if there are any RH thrower versions out there in 11.75" model but it may be worth a search.
Hard pass. Not a quality glove.

Jul 29, 2013
Here’s a ton of glove for the money, especially with the coupon, just unsure about the hand stall size?

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Here’s a ton of glove for the money, especially with the coupon, just unsure about the hand stall size?

i'll vouch for this...DD got an FGS7-PT this fall and loves it. Great leather and the Pro Guard palm padding is nice. At the regular retail it's a deal..every now and then it's on sale. !00 day free trial...why not?

Dec 20, 2019
You guys were so helpful with recommendations for a catcher's mitt that I'd love to hear your recommendations for a middle infield glove. My daughter is 13. $50 - $150 price range. Thank you!
I have this Rawlings hoh 12.5 fastpitch glove for sale for $150 shipped anywhere in the usa. Tag been remove and play catch with it a few times. Still in excellent condition. PM me your email address I can send you some pictures of it.

Nov 15, 2019
As far as a baseball glove, that’s just me.......it’s all I’ll ever recommend, despise velcro! Mizuno is finally getting on board and making some FP gloves without velcro.
I thought I heard the pocket on a baseball glove isn't big enough for a softball but it sounds like you're saying that's not the case?

Nov 15, 2019
This guy ^^^^^^^ will NOT steer you wrong. If you have some time, explore some of his threads and you will learn quite a bit (from my personal and recent experiences)!

If your DD is looking like she will carry the sport into HS, get her as nice a glove now as you think she will tolerate outing in the work to break in. (low price/quality = nice and comfy now, so little break in effort required, but will last a season or so. High quality will hit you in the pocket, and take more time/effort to break in, but will last a lot longer, and not fall apart.)

@ANNASDAD, had I not been looking for a modified trap glove almost exclusively, I was going to ask you what you thought about the Easton Small Batch gloves that are half price on SBF. https://www.softballfans.com/equipment/fielding-gloves/easton-small-batch.html

I doubt they are of the same ilk as the ones you have mentioned in the past, but are they worth a look at $125?
I looked through the forums before posting and noticed AnnasDad was the go to glove guy! The issue was that the gloves that were recommended seemed to be closer to the $250 - $300 price range and that's more then I can spend right now.

She will definitely be playing in high school, I've talked to the coach quite a bit and her primary position there will be catcher. For her travel team she's primarily middle infield (which is what I need a glove for) and occasional catcher and OF. I dont want a cheap glove that's going to fall apart, but also I've never broken in a glove so I want to be careful about buying something that might be too hard to do.

Thanks for all your help Lemond!

Nov 15, 2019
I probably wouldn’t look any further, Lemond nailed it! This just can’t be beat for the money!

Lemond, this is a great find and it's only an hour from my house so we can go try it on! Has anyone used an Easton small batch glove before?