Middle infield glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 8, 2019
I probably wouldn’t look any further, Lemond nailed it! This just can’t be beat for the money!

Now you got me thinking that I need to go buy one of these. Just to have!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Here’s a ton of glove for the money, especially with the coupon, just unsure about the hand stall size?

i'll vouch for this...DD got an FGS7-PT this fall and loves it. Great leather and the Pro Guard palm padding is nice. At the regular retail it's a deal..every now and then it's on sale. !00 day free trial...why not?

Dec 20, 2019
You guys were so helpful with recommendations for a catcher's mitt that I'd love to hear your recommendations for a middle infield glove. My daughter is 13. $50 - $150 price range. Thank you!
I have this Rawlings hoh 12.5 fastpitch glove for sale for $150 shipped anywhere in the usa. Tag been remove and play catch with it a few times. Still in excellent condition. PM me your email address I can send you some pictures of it.

Nov 15, 2019
As far as a baseball glove, that’s just me.......it’s all I’ll ever recommend, despise velcro! Mizuno is finally getting on board and making some FP gloves without velcro.

I thought I heard the pocket on a baseball glove isn't big enough for a softball but it sounds like you're saying that's not the case?

Nov 15, 2019
This guy ^^^^^^^ will NOT steer you wrong. If you have some time, explore some of his threads and you will learn quite a bit (from my personal and recent experiences)!

If your DD is looking like she will carry the sport into HS, get her as nice a glove now as you think she will tolerate outing in the work to break in. (low price/quality = nice and comfy now, so little break in effort required, but will last a season or so. High quality will hit you in the pocket, and take more time/effort to break in, but will last a lot longer, and not fall apart.)

@ANNASDAD, had I not been looking for a modified trap glove almost exclusively, I was going to ask you what you thought about the Easton Small Batch gloves that are half price on SBF. https://www.softballfans.com/equipment/fielding-gloves/easton-small-batch.html

I doubt they are of the same ilk as the ones you have mentioned in the past, but are they worth a look at $125?

I looked through the forums before posting and noticed AnnasDad was the go to glove guy! The issue was that the gloves that were recommended seemed to be closer to the $250 - $300 price range and that's more then I can spend right now.

She will definitely be playing in high school, I've talked to the coach quite a bit and her primary position there will be catcher. For her travel team she's primarily middle infield (which is what I need a glove for) and occasional catcher and OF. I dont want a cheap glove that's going to fall apart, but also I've never broken in a glove so I want to be careful about buying something that might be too hard to do.

Thanks for all your help Lemond!

Nov 15, 2019
I probably wouldn’t look any further, Lemond nailed it! This just can’t be beat for the money!

Lemond, this is a great find and it's only an hour from my house so we can go try it on! Has anyone used an Easton small batch glove before?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802