Metro Atlanta Coaches/Parents: Question for you

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
It is easy to know if your 5 year old is too good for rec...if she is your kid then she is too good for rec. I don't know if there is 4U but there should be. How else can you get a girl ready for her 6U TB team is she doesn't play 4U rec? And we all know 6U is when things get serious.

:)

Don't forget the Toddler League. They can just do their business in their diapers on the field!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Not sure if you're being facetious or not (no emoticons), but how could you know if your 5-year old is too good for rec before she's ever played rec? Are there 3-4 year old rec leagues I missed somewhere along the way? :)

You can look at JJsqueeze's avatar photo and know that you should not take him seriously.....

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Hey, you never know. There are some pretty INTENSE parents out there! Didn't want to scoff at him if he was serious.

if I was serious I would have been deserving of some good scoffing. But hidden in the jokes is a point about how there is mission creep in youth sports and parents of younger and younger kids are taking things wayyyyy too seriously.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
if I was serious I would have been deserving of some good scoffing. But hidden in the jokes is a point about how there is mission creep in youth sports and parents of younger and younger kids are taking things wayyyyy to seriously.

For sure! I know there's 8U travel, but I think that's kind of extreme (don't throw stuff at me!). Travel Ball was not even on my radar until DD turned 11, and I know I'm considered late to the game!

Jun 12, 2015
There's a debate going on about berths on the local board for the tournament this weekend. Some semi heated discussion, colleges brought up. I thought it was kind of funny. I suppose some 12 year olds are thinking about college but I doubt many colleges are thinking about them.

May 15, 2014
Atlanta
Oh and it is a good debate on who will be in the top 4 for the 03's and 04's. People are going to start arguing now and I am going to sit back with my popcorn.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
There's a debate going on about berths on the local board for the tournament this weekend. Some semi heated discussion, colleges brought up. I thought it was kind of funny. I suppose some 12 year olds are thinking about college but I doubt many colleges are thinking about them.

I saw it too! Just shook my head...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06