Metal cleats for pitcher?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 9, 2015
Had one pair of 3N2 metal cleats and had normal wear. Probably stick with them. Have a pair of Mizuno molded cleats for playing on turf and my DD likes the feel of them also.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
If i did buy ones with tuff toe is it still best to put a shield or guard on also?

She already has rubbed the side of sneakers off in 6 weeks

Tuff Toe is a product typically applied on work boots by construction workers but will go on tennis shoes or cleats just as easily. It helps them to last longer but in no uncertain terms will they last as long as a pair with a pitching toe guard. Ringors with the pitching toe by far would be your best option. I have yet to hear of a pitcher wearing out a pair in under 3-4 years. My DD, who was a pitcher in 12U, then transitioned to catcher in 14u, has had the same pair of Ringors with the pitching toe for going into her 4th year. Other than changing out the insole every year with a new one. I can see hers lasting another couple of years easily.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
I have always refrained from Ringors because I have heard they are heavy? DD wears Mizuno cleats, and loves how they feel. However, I do have to buy a new pair every 6-8 mos. Just wondering how heavy the Ringors are...

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I have always refrained from Ringors because I have heard they are heavy? DD wears Mizuno cleats, and loves how they feel. However, I do have to buy a new pair every 6-8 mos. Just wondering how heavy the Ringors are...
The diamond dynastys are heavy. They're really heavy compared to Mizunos. But those are the ones that will last years and years. The new dynasty 2.0 are much lighter as are the bandits. DD has a pair of the dynasty 2.0 and has worn them for two seasons of indoor league play...about 70 games total, and they are still holding up well. I can't see them lasting less than a couple of years even with a pitcher.

Dec 4, 2010
DD uses Mizuno's with Tuff Toe for the last 3 or 4 years as she was never a fan of the older Ringors due to the weight and just seemed clunky to her. She does use the Ringor trainers with pitching toe because I refused to buy her another pair of tennis shoes to tear up. She has not tried the 2.0's or bandits, as every time I have tried to order a pair she says she wants to stick with Mizuno for her spikes. Her trainers are going on 3 years old and still have at least that much left in them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06