Metal cleats for pitcher?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Agree with JAD. My DD wore Ringors through HS and TB. She liked them and they held up great. Switched to Nike in college and liked them as well but they did not last like the Ringors. But the Nikes did not cost me anything. Next season she will wear UA. When you are paying the tab it is hard to beat Ringors. IIRC they are sized either larger or smaller.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Ringors with the pitching toe. I'd suggest calling their customer service and ask for help in sizing since various models run to different sizing. I.e. the Diamond Dynasty runs small

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
FYI, the new Dynasty 2.0 sizes are different than the old ones. They size pretty much the same as a normal pair of sneakers. My DD wore a 10.5 last year which was tight, got an 11 Dynasty 2.0 and it's a little big.

The 2.0 is much lighter and the pitching toe is unbeatable.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
FYI, the new Dynasty 2.0 sizes are different than the old ones. They size pretty much the same as a normal pair of sneakers. My DD wore a 10.5 last year which was tight, got an 11 Dynasty 2.0 and it's a little big.

The 2.0 is much lighter and the pitching toe is unbeatable.

That's why I mentioned to call them for help. Each model's sizing seems to run differently for some reason. I've heard that the Bandit actually runs 1/2 to 1 size bigger. Never having bought a pair for DD I couldn't tell you if it's true though.

Mar 20, 2012
Sacramento, CA
Ringors all the way. As long as she doesn't out grow them DD might get 2 years out of this pair.

If you decide on something else, Tuff Toe helps. I tried "JB Weld" 2 part epoxy once, that worked OK too, and it's cheaper.

Mar 24, 2014
Mizuno cleats are nice. You can get some good deals if you shop around. I get my DD a new pair every year, I think good for her feet / arch to have a newer pair of shoes for the season. I keep the previous years cleats to use during pitching lessons or when she's practiing pitching on her own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi