Meagan Wiggins /George Brett

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

I know this is basically a neck slot starting position, but is this considered swinging around the body (sort of like a Stanton path) ?

Do you consider Wiggins swing different then this path (which is an extreme example, HR derby swing) ?

giphy.gif

Is Wiggins "around" and Cabrera "out from"?

Comments? I know the answer, I just wanted hear others opinions.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
She has a very simple swing. She says "you know what the hands do in the swing? They hold the damn bat." LOL. The ball only has to go 200 ft. Could she find more power and hit it farther if she changed somethings? Got a running start. TTB, went out from? Probably, but why?

Also gents please don't forget to comment on the red pancake flipper (spatula) and bleeding the corner. Thanks

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
She has a very simple swing. She says "you know what the hands do in the swing? They hold the damn bat." LOL. The ball only has to go 200 ft. Could she find more power and hit it farther if she changed somethings? Got a running start. TTB, went out from? Probably, but why?

Also gents please don't forget to comment on the red pancake flipper (spatula) and bleeding the corner. Thanks

Exactly, the ball only has to go 200ft. Compared to their counterpart where the ball has to go 350 to 400ft. You don't have to have an ideal swing in fastpitch, quickness is more important then top bat batspeed in fastpitch.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Exactly, the ball only has to go 200ft. Compared to their counterpart where the ball has to go 350 to 400ft. You don't have to have an ideal swing in fastpitch, quickness is more important then top bat batspeed in fastpitch.

FYI ... for a treat, I'll have the girls hit baseballs ... big difference in how far baseballs fly with the same swing.

Sep 17, 2009
She does have very quite hands. Just hold on to the bat and turn maybe?

Not sure I understand why she isn't being viewed as turning the barrel. Her handset starts in a tipped position behind her head. But that's fine. You don't need to actively tip in order to turn. In the slow-mo version of the clip just when she looks like she might start to initiate a forward push she instead works the handle between her hands and snaps the barrel to contact. No?

giphy.gif

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

Hold on to the bat and turn. LOL

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Not sure I understand why she isn't being viewed as turning the barrel. Her handset starts in a tipped position behind her head. But that's fine. You don't need to actively tip in order to turn. In the slow-mo version of the clip just when she looks like she might start to initiate a forward push she instead works the handle between her hands and snaps the barrel to contact. No?

giphy.gif

I just commented on her hands in general, nothing about TTB with the hands.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs