Madness 10yo DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Eric come on bud...why isn't her rear hip "finishing"? Why is she lifting up from stride to contact? Stop looking at the surface and feel what is powering it. Is it the same power source as Agon? Is her rear side unweighted the same time in the swing as Agon?

Trying to look deeper (always learning)...

The SNF drive in the rear hip socket isn't there. Once her weight transfers to her front side, the rest of the turn is powered by upper body rotation rather than her upper body being rotated by the SNF engine, essentially making it a shift-then-swing pattern.

Getting closer, or getting lost?

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Yes. Shift then swing.
She slams all of her weight and momentum into a front leg that posts up and turns the momentum into rotation. A powerful move, but not an adjustable move. The swing must start early, commitment is early and must be timed right early in the move. Timing slightly off, like a change up, and the hitters weight has already slammed into the front leg, the hitter has to hesitate and resort to an "arm" swing. Often you then with see them lunge over the front leg.

Agon's swing is continually loading the rear hip until late. Even as his barrel begins moving he is loading. His weight is off his backside for only a slight instant and that is through impact of the ball.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2011
Yes. Shift then swing.
She slams all of her weight and momentum into a front leg that posts up and turns the momentum into rotation. A powerful move, but not an adjustable move. The swing must start early, commitment is early and must be timed right early in the move. Timing slightly off, like a change up, and the hitters weight has already slammed into the front leg, the hitter has to hesitate and resort to an "arm" swing. Often you then with see them lunge over the front leg.

Agon's swing is continually loading the rear hip until late. Even as his barrel begins moving he is loading. His weight is off his backside for only a slight instant and that is through impact of the ball.

Yes,yes,yes! This is what I have been looking for. True analysis. Now the question is, what do I do about it? Thank you, RHC.

Dec 20, 2011
Posey's COM gets lower as he swings..................Your DD gets taller as she swings.
I would put the tee away for now and hit front toss,machine or live pitching for now.

I do see his COM get lower, as I see in most high level swings. Harper does seem to get taller. We do very little off the tee. I shot the video to watch in slo-mo to see what we needed to work on. I will take some video of front toss in the next week. Thanks for the input.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I would tend to look at A-Gon as a better example going forward than Harper.

Your DD hits with exceptional bat speed for her age ("violence" was a good description). This is a good thing, and can be fine-tuned into something spectacular. The BEST thing you can do is continue to educate yourself to keep up with (catch up to?) her ability.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass
Arnival

Front leg is down to early, but funny thing is it looks as if her weight stays back.

Id say a steady dose of SNF and happy gilmore are in order

Focus less on turning the hips...focus on getting a good stretch. Looks like she is turning or firing her hips and not getting a good stretch around the rear leg.

Snf. Snf. Snf please post her doing the snf drill and make sure shes doing it correctly. I would abandon all Harper similarities.

Good luck

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish