Madness 10yo DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
madhatterslo_zpsc2b62177.gif

The full swing slowed down

Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass
My neck hurts just looking at this swing.

Ditto, looks great but for god sake get the head still. Wow.

Have to get that bat tilted quicker or shorter tilt ....looks very slow to the tee let alone a moving pitch
and definitely work on that neck. I love the lower half"......except hip fire.....snf drills are in order...... to much leg kick for me. Upper half needs work.

You have a monster on your hands. I wouldnt slow her down as suggested by others....keep that agressive swing.

Love to see a game or pitched ball swing. Id say the main thing to work on is the head and the slow bat tipping. Its either to much or too slow or out of sequence. Maybe she can tip without the elbo raising up so high. Rear elbow.

Great job .....shes a monster.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
As others have said, I'd be interested to see her hit moving balls. She certainly generates a lot of speed.

My DD had a head-twist like that for a little while (and it still shows up on occasion). I finally figured out that the bottom of her cage was hurting her, and her the twist pulled the cage out of the way. It was time to replace the helmet, anyway. She doesn't have the same issue with the new helmet.

Looking at the slo-mo gif, it looks like her rear hip isn't finishing all the way through. Also, she's lifting up from stride to contact. That change of eye elevation (especially when adding the twist) could lead to some consistency problems because of her changing look at the ball in flight.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Eric

I lived in so cal when i played for the dodger org. Is sierra madre area in la county. Duarte etc. im trying to remember, i had a land lord that lived there and every time he wanted his rent he called and said this is Charlie from up here in sierra madre, i always thought that was strange.

Sierra Madre is a little town up against the hills, sandwiched between Pasadena and Arcadia. It's a bit West of Duarte/Azusa.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Sorry tried to find a girl to match her with, couldn't find a decent lefty. Her is Agon
madhatterslo_zpsc2b62177.gif

AdGonz_side_lowaway.gif

Looking at the slo-mo gif, it looks like her rear hip isn't finishing all the way through. Also, she's lifting up from stride to contact. That change of eye elevation (especially when adding the twist) could lead to some consistency problems because of her changing look at the ball in flight.

Eric come on bud...why isn't her rear hip "finishing"? Why is she lifting up from stride to contact? Stop looking at the surface and feel what is powering it. Is it the same power source as Agon? Is her rear side unweighted the same time in the swing as Agon?

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Ok. I know exactly where it is. Do you play year round. I played ball in Duarte also. I cant remember the name. It was by a car dealership. I lived in Azusa also and went to APU also. California is expensive. I will probably retire there if the state gets their act together. You still getting those IOUs?

Responded via PM. Let's keep the thread about hitting. :)

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
207kwnt.gif

bondsside_zpsdfcce528.gif

The most powerful hitter ever....but is his front foot skidding toward the pitcher before he even swings like hers is?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd