LSU player that fouled ball into own face versus Alabama last weekend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
No, but been wondering. Started a thread in the College section here on DFP after watching that replay a few times.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
She got a broken nose and a few stitches from the foul ball. She was back at the field on Sunday with a special fielding mask that protects the eyes and nose only. It looked a bit like a girl's lacrosse face mask.

Jun 20, 2015
i recall a game years ago. maybe WCWS, player from Baylor, fouled into face on rise ball, it was not just a broken nose. :eek:.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Terrible thing that can happen.

Had also had that happen on a high- inside riser foul smack me in the face. Was blacked out for a couple moments. Woke up and the coaches were attending to me. It was Phil Bruder and Colleen Silva.
... thinking I had blood coming out of my mouth dribble'spit on Phil Bruders arm...
Continued playing afterwards.

? When did concussion protocol start?

Jun 8, 2016

Had also had that happen on a high- inside riser foul smack me in the face. Was blacked out for a couple moments. Woke up and the coaches were attending to me. It was Phil Bruder and Colleen Silva.
... thinking I had blood coming out of my mouth dribble'spit on Phil Bruders arm...

Well that explains a lot…j/k 😝

I had a bad hop hit me in he mouth once..wouldn’t stop bleeding so I played with gauze in my mouth the rest of the game and got stitches after. Made it hard to swear after a bad AB 😂

Aug 1, 2019
MN

RAD, I've got the impression the only thing you've ever been afraid of is sitting on the bench. 🥎(y)

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
She got a broken nose and a few stitches from the foul ball. She was back at the field on Sunday with a special fielding mask that protects the eyes and nose only. It looked a bit like a girl's lacrosse face mask.
I don't think she was back on the field on Sunday. She was still in the dugout IIRC

The 2B was playing with a girls lacrosse face mask because she took a bad hop GB in practice earlier that week and broke her nose as well.

Two players in one week on the same team with broken noses.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I don't think she was back on the field on Sunday. She was still in the dugout IIRC

The 2B was playing with a girls lacrosse face mask because she took a bad hop GB in practice earlier that week and broke her nose as well.

Two players in one week on the same team with broken noses.
Two players same team.

People would say catcher has a really hard task behind the plate with the ball coming at them all the time. I always thought the catcher has it better because we get to wear all that protective equipment.

I would absolutely where I fielding mask anywhere else on the field!

Didn't see the video of what happened in the game even with the face mask on the helmet still tagged her? Did the ball go under the chin part?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi