low back pain, how common is the dreaded pars fracture?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
Yes, the living room clip is old. In watching the more recent clips I see the same things, though. Striding to get open, a lean to first when overhead, locked out front leg that is at 90, etc. Almost looks like she's struggling to utilize her lower half.

The point isn't to critique her mechanics... but to point out deficiencies that may have contributed to... as well as prevent further injuries in the future. In fact, it might not have been throwing that did this at all... so don'the get lost trying to figure that out. Video can show us when we have physical limitations due to underlying weakness. A great PT can really help Nat come out of this stronger and more fluid.

Eric Cressey is a great, great person to read up on. One of the best resources nationally regarding physical wellness. Has a great site with lots of information regarding preventative exercises.

May 22, 2012
Yes, the living room clip is old. In watching the more recent clips I see the same things, though. Striding to get open, a lean to first when overhead, locked out front leg that is at 90, etc. Almost looks like she's struggling to utilize her lower half.

The point isn't to critique her mechanics... but to point out deficiencies that may have contributed to... as well as prevent further injuries in the future. In fact, it might not have been throwing that did this at all... so don'the get lost trying to figure that out. Video can show us when we have physical limitations due to underlying weakness. A great PT can really help Nat come out of this stronger and more fluid.

Eric Cressey is a great, great person to read up on. One of the best resources nationally regarding physical wellness. Has a great site with lots of information regarding preventative exercises.

I understand completely Mike and you have my attention. This is the second highly regarded referral I have gotten for Cressey. I actually contacted them at their MA location yesterday. They are not at all close to us but at least in the same State. They suggested that now is NOT the time to see her as things need to calm down first, but I have made the contact and will strongly consider their program. I of course, need to weigh through the upcoming PT and Strengthening referrals that her doctors will no doubt be giving as well.
Thanks again sir!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06