Louisville Slugger LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2012
anybody thinking of giving the new LS LXT with 3 piece bat technology a try when they come out in a couple of weeks...? My DD's college coaches want her to switch to LS the next couple of years prior to college ball and don't know if I should play it safe with a Xeno or go with the new LXT....any thoughts or experience with the LXT out there...?

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Just try not to get too attached to any particular brand/model now. What happens if the college team switches from LS to Worth/Mizuno/Easton et al two years from now!

Jul 26, 2010
Haven't seen any out there yet. Is it just a rebranded oneX to get away from the bad publicity around that pos bat?

-W

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
anybody thinking of giving the new LS LXT with 3 piece bat technology a try when they come out in a couple of weeks...? My DD's college coaches want her to switch to LS the next couple of years prior to college ball and don't know if I should play it safe with a Xeno or go with the new LXT....any thoughts or experience with the LXT out there...?

Torn......if I can't find a utrip stamped srv4b....torn between the lxt, xeno, and mako.

Apr 9, 2012
Haven't seen any out there yet. Is it just a rebranded oneX to get away from the bad publicity around that pos bat?

-W

To me its not quite the same. you can tell its not a two piece as the point where the OneX snapped is now "solid" or "wrapped"

Hard to describe in here

Apr 11, 2012
Just try not to get too attached to any particular brand/model now. What happens if the college team switches from LS to Worth/Mizuno/Easton et al two years from now!

no worries, we would just swing what they wanted us to...."it's the archer, not the arrow" philosphy for my DD and always has been....of course that means "$300 arrows".....she has always done well in the hitting department with several different makes of bats....she swung DeMarini's for three years and Worth products for the last two....and even a Xeno one fall....but we just trying to decide on the Xeno or the LXT....

We played a fully sponsored LS team this summer and several of the players were using the LXT and man....they were impressive the way they sounded and the way the ball jumped off the bat....most all the girls on our team swing 2013 Xeno's and they are equally impressive.

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
My DD borrowed her friends new Mako a few weeks ago at practice and that thing is smoking hot right out of the box. Of course now she wants one *sigh* $350

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
To me its not quite the same. you can tell its not a two piece as the point where the OneX snapped is now "solid" or "wrapped"

Hard to describe in here

From what you know, does it seem like the same type of "fix" Easton made with the FS/FX, where they changed the way the fiber is wrapped at the joint?

Dec 21, 2011
We just got our 32" LXT last night. The bat has a lot of pop (and I mean ALOT). And the dd is pretty pumped. I did hear that it will be 5-6 more weeks for the 33" and 34" bats to start shipping out. But we got ours....whooohoo!!

Jul 2, 2013
I always wait a year with any "hot" bat to see how it shakes out.

If we chased every hot bat, we would have to change often. Much because they have endurance issues, and compliance issues. The softball world is pretty serious about limiting the "pop" of bats. In general, as has happened the last few years, the trend is toward bats that are less powerful.

Super hot bats turn into fools gold much more often than not. With current regulatory environment, the older bats are the hottest bats. The hottest new bats are soon to be banned, but no one knows yet. Be careful with your money.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1