Louisiana Lafayette split grip technique...anyone use it or have DD use it?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2014
Pretty sure Elkins would of been a successful hitter wherever she played.. Also AB's I've seen from here she wasn't using split grip. I could be misunderstanding you here, but not sure Elkins is the best example to use?
Correct. No spilt grip.

lexieelkins3.jpg

lexieelkins.jpg

04042015ulsoftball046.JPG

Feb 16, 2015
South East
Pretty sure Elkins would of been a successful hitter wherever she played.. Also AB's I've seen from here she wasn't using split grip. I could be misunderstanding you here, but not sure Elkins is the best example to use?

She had 1 hr her Freshman year at Texas Tech.

Edit: It may have been 0 homeruns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2015
South East
The point I was trying to make is he didn’t really recruit “high” profile hitters. He recruited girls with a certain make up.

May 12, 2016
She had 1 hr her Freshman year at Texas Tech.

You mean this year....

" Then consider the fact that her freshman season at Texas Tech last spring was supposed to be her senior season at Victoria East High in Texas and she played that entire campaign as a 17-year-old."

It's hard to adapt your first year of college ..period. She started a year early and played pretty much a full season behind the plate. Yes I still believe she would of been successful regardless where she played.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
You mean this year....

" Then consider the fact that her freshman season at Texas Tech last spring was supposed to be her senior season at Victoria East High in Texas and she played that entire campaign as a 17-year-old."

It's hard to adapt your first year of college ..period. She started a year early and played pretty much a full season behind the plate. Yes I still believe she would of been successful regardless where she played.

If that is about her, yes.... If you are implying that she would have hit 75 bombs in her next 3 years at Texas Tech you are out of your mind.... If she enters college at UL she is probably the all time HR leader today.

May 12, 2016
If that is about her, yes.... If you are implying that she would have hit 75 bombs in her next 3 years at Texas Tech you are out of your mind.... If she enters college at UL she is probably the all time HR leader today.

Of course it's about her :). And why am I out of my mind? She skipped a year of high school to play college ball. She's always been a stud hitter.

High School
Attended Victoria East High School in Victoria, Texas, where she graduated a semester early to enroll and play for Texas Tech in 2013 … was a three-year letterwinner at Victoria East … was an NFCA All-American, earning first-team honors in 2011 … named Co-MVP of District 25-4A as a sophomore after batting .598 … earned Co-Offensive Player of the Year for District 25-4A as a junior … hit .526 with 51 RBI and 61 hits … was a three-time all-district selection.

She just struggled(compared to her standards) her first year college as a underage player. Obviously you didn't know that she was an underage player so I can understand why you would credit UL's HC for her career. Like I said, she's not a good example, she would of been great no matter where she played.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
Of course it's about her :). And why am I out of my mind? She skipped a year of high school to play college ball. She's always been a stud hitter.

High School
Attended Victoria East High School in Victoria, Texas, where she graduated a semester early to enroll and play for Texas Tech in 2013 … was a three-year letterwinner at Victoria East … was an NFCA All-American, earning first-team honors in 2011 … named Co-MVP of District 25-4A as a sophomore after batting .598 … earned Co-Offensive Player of the Year for District 25-4A as a junior … hit .526 with 51 RBI and 61 hits … was a three-time all-district selection.

She just struggled(compared to her standards) her first year college as a underage player. Obviously you didn't know that she was an underage player so I can understand why you would credit UL's HC for her career. Like I said, she's not a good example, she would of been great no matter where she played.

I credit Lotief because that what he does....... apparently you don’t know much about him.

Feb 16, 2015
South East

High School

Regan Dykes (Alabama) was one of the best hitters in the country coming out of HS. She struggled to hit her body weight in college..... HS stats are irrelevant when you get into college.

May 12, 2016
I credit Lotief because that what he does....... apparently you don’t know much about him.

What I am saying is your credit of Lotief may be a little premature when it comes to this young lady. And yes many prospects do not pan out at the next level. But I can also show you a ton of data of freshman hitters who "struggled" their first year to go on to have great careers. Elkins has always been a great hitter.. it's not like Lotief took somebody who didn't know how to swing a bat and developed her into a superstar.. I was just showing that she has a history of swinging a good stick. Also lets not forget she was a underage player ... playing one of the most demanding and cerebral positions on the field. One year experience under her belt makes a big difference at such a young age.

But since I know nothing about Lotief.. educate me. What does he teach and how it's applicable to Elkins

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nabbott