Lots of teams, but not organizations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Yeah, for the most part I use GC and FB to do my spying..lol.
I will do a little spying and we have a dad that does a lot of spying. Information is helpful. He tells us who their number 1 pitcher and if they used her or are saving her for our team. Who are the big bats. He will even go scout potential teams and come back with a report.

Oct 29, 2019
Parents need to spend more time paying attention to the landscape and less time bragging on FB. By the time the issues brought up matter (maybe 14’s but definitely 16’s) IMO there is no good reason a parent should be bamboozled…they have been around the block long enough. If a team promises you the world but has a history of being “back fielded” well..

This also includes realizing how good your kid actually is….

Shots Fired. I'm hit.

I'm probably being bamboozled. I can hardly follow this thread. I've never heard of "back fielding".

I'm getting pretty good at facebook though. Twitter not so much.

Sep 29, 2020
Wait. I thought you didn't interact with the other parents.

Regardless, it's a talent. I found many of the parents on DD's teams literally had no clue about a lot of things. Things that see fairly rudimentary when it came to the landscape of TB. Teams, tourneys, schedules, coaches, college teams, college commits, etc. DD's team was playing TCS Nat's out of town and I couldn't make it. Parents were texting about the schedules and fields when they were at the tourney.

I owe a lot of what I know to DFP and other sites for my breadth of knowledge of random softball stuff. Much of it was because starting in DD's 8th grade kids were committing to schools and I felt we were way behind. So I learned as much as could about everything softball on a daily basis. A little at a time. I found that I knew more about TB than families who have been involved 4 years longer than us.
Well, I am glad I am not the only one. Everyone ussd to ask me about so and so team when we moved from game to game. I started learning teams when my DD started travel. Wanted to know the best teams instead of picking a name on the jersey. Before you enter travel do your research to find the best ones it's pretty easy

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I love this from their website. As if they're all top-tier teams.

" In just 4 years, the Lady Dukes Softball Organization has grown from 4 NC based teams to ~50 teams competing in 8U - 18U age groups, with local, regional and..."

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I love this from their website. As if they're all top-tier teams.

" In just 4 years, the Lady Dukes Softball Organization has grown from 4 NC based teams to ~50 teams competing in 8U - 18U age groups, with local, regional and..."
Lol...WHO are they...? 😁🤣🥳

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06