Looking to upgrade DD mitt, suggestions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Had a good talk with Casedawg about gloves, just need to get the wife's buy in and the DD's color approval (if we go non-stock) before pulling the trigger. Having twins is mostly great but when it comes to bulk purchases of stuff like this it gets a bit pricey! Add to that one of them needs both a catchers and fielders glove so I'm looking at 3X the expense! Sure hope they like the Vinci's!!

Jan 19, 2016
Montrose, CA
Miz makes quite a few brown mitts, at different quality levels.

If you're already interested in Vinci, it's worth your time to check them out. If you're looking for other high-quality options, here are the ones I tend to recommend...

All-Star CMW3000
Worth Liberty Advanced
Wilson A2000

How the glove hinges should be a real consideration as well. My DD was having continuing issues with her thumb bothering her after long practices or games. Switched her to the All-Star CMW3000 and the thumb problem went away almost immediately. We broke in the All-Star quickly and easily. Also, I will say that the All-Star has a really nice loud pop when that fastball hits the pocket. Gives the batters a sense that the ball is coming in a lot harder ..... helps your pitcher intimidate the batter.

Oct 12, 2015
All Over I Coach TB
""How the glove hinges should be a real consideration as well. My DD was having continuing issues with her thumb bothering her after long practices or games. Switched her to the All-Star CMW3000 and the thumb problem went away almost immediately.""

I am a Liberty guy. Mine has caught for 11 years and moves onto NCAA next year. Just got her new Liberty from her University a few weeks ago. One thing bothers me, you mentioned her thumb issue. Yes a worn out glove can contribute to that, but it is also likely a mechanics issue. Make sure she is not receiving the ball with her thumb at the 3 o'clock position. The thumb issue is caused by the ball consistently hitting the mitt where her thumb is at 3 o'clock. Have her work on receiving the ball at noon and 6 o'clock. The ball will hit the web or pocket and not hit her thumb. It also helps with presentation to the umpire.

Jan 11, 2016
New mitt is in, Casey sent me pics to show DD. Looks sweet, shes real excited to get it. Id post pics but don't know how.

Thanks again Casey, looking forward to finally getting mitt.

Jan 11, 2016

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
br_pickoff