Looking for Pitching Coach in Houston Area

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 15, 2013
My daughter just finished 10U and is moving to 12U, hence 12" ball and back to 40'. I am wanting to find a pitching coach who teaches I/R in the Houston area as we are making the transition. We have been to a handful and they all teach the "hello elbow". Any help or guidance is much appreciated.

Jun 13, 2009
dlee...

if travel is an option for you, you should think about going to Dallas in September to see Bill Hillhouse. I saw he posted the remainder of his 2013 schedule online and he's going to Texas several times. He usually gets discount hotels at these locations as I know there are a lot of people who travel to see him. From experience I can tell you, we'd like to see him more than we do but we won't go anyplace else for lessons. He gives DD enough lesson homework to last until the next time!!!

cg

May 15, 2013
dlee...

if travel is an option for you, you should think about going to Dallas in September to see Bill Hillhouse. I saw he posted the remainder of his 2013 schedule online and he's going to Texas several times. He usually gets discount hotels at these locations as I know there are a lot of people who travel to see him. From experience I can tell you, we'd like to see him more than we do but we won't go anyplace else for lessons. He gives DD enough lesson homework to last until the next time!!!

cg

Thanks. I think we may do that. I would like somebody locally that we could see once/week if we could find the right coach.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Ken Hazelwood (Tomball)
Dewey Ford (Tomball)
Annie Castlewood (Kingwood)
Billy Renfro (The Woodlands - South)

Let me know if any one of these locations work for you, I can get you contact information via PM.

Sep 3, 2013
Hello, my name is Jana Jones Patrick. I have just moved back to the Houston area (I'm currently located in Tomball). I am a graduate of McNeese State University in Lake Charles, LA where I was a four year starter and a four year all conference selection as well as Southland Conference Female Athlete of the Year in 2007. I have been a private instructor for 10 years and have worked with pitchers age 6 all the way through college age. I do not teach hello elbow, I believe that it takes speed and accuracy away from the pitch. I focus a lot on leg drive and wrist snap to increase accuracy, movement and overall velocity.
If you have already found a coach you like, that is great. If not, I would love to chat more about possibly working with your daughter.

May 15, 2013
Hello, my name is Jana Jones Patrick. I have just moved back to the Houston area (I'm currently located in Tomball). I am a graduate of McNeese State University in Lake Charles, LA where I was a four year starter and a four year all conference selection as well as Southland Conference Female Athlete of the Year in 2007. I have been a private instructor for 10 years and have worked with pitchers age 6 all the way through college age. I do not teach hello elbow, I believe that it takes speed and accuracy away from the pitch. I focus a lot on leg drive and wrist snap to increase accuracy, movement and overall velocity.
If you have already found a coach you like, that is great. If not, I would love to chat more about possibly working with your daughter.

Sorry, I have not logged in for awhile. I am intereted. I guess email me your phone and I can give you a call. dlee9080@gmail.com

Thanks!

Jul 14, 2008
I do not teach hello elbow, I believe that it takes speed and accuracy away from the pitch. I focus a lot on leg drive and wrist snap to increase accuracy, movement and overall velocity.

Above in red...........Could use some clarification.........What is the "wrist snap" you focus on. Can you describe it more accurately? What is the wrist doing to "snap" the ball......???

Is it "Extending and Flexing"?? Or is it "rotating and Flexing"?

Thx !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877