looking for bats advice needed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2012
We have narrow the choice down to about 3 looking for some opinions on the bats below

2012 easton synge
2011 miken mv-3
2012-13 demarini cf5

she has hit with the easton and the ball seemed to explode off the bat. she has not had a chance to use the others.
she would be useing a -10 -11 drop bat
thanks in advance

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Cf5 have great reps for big pop.
I have had lots a girls with synges, IMO aluminum bats have more pop.
MV-3....I don't know anything about them, have never even seen a girl play with one. I do like miken bats, dd newest stick is a freak, but figuring anything out about the difference in miken bat is impossible. When I called their reps for advice on their bats, they were no help what so ever.

May 7, 2008
synge is -11.5 i think
mv-3 is -10 (there are some -12)
-13 demarini

bigger bat hits it harder. cf5's are very popular in -10 & -9
i have used mv-3 and found it a very hot bat, barrel configuation is set a bit for big hitters with little bit of end load

the best one is probably either the prettiest or the one she beleives in best..............

Aug 14, 2011
DD had the Synge for one month ended up giving it away...Very small sweet spot rest of bat is dead as a door nail...DD now has a Stealth and loves it very hot and forgiving...

Mar 29, 2012
My DD was using a synge and hitting pretty good with it, but switching to the CF5 it is on a whole nother level.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
From a different site the Worth 454. Many colleges are using it for a reason. Most of my kids I work with have Demarini's but my dd will be using a Nike in college. Have not tried the Worth yet, but the feedback has been very good from players.

Apr 1, 2010
I haven't heard anything about the Miken MV-3. However, Miken does have a good reputation and DD did like her Miken Halo light very much.

To be honest, I haven't heard many good things about the synge. Not very strong, not great pop.

I've heard a lot of good things about the cf5 and I've seen a lot of girls hit the heck out of the ball with it.

So from my perspective, I would choose the cf5 out of those three bats.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06