Looking for a Xeno End cap- Would buy a cracked or damaged bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 15, 2014
Friend of my DD had it in HS, she quit playing so we got from her..don't know exactly how it cracked
Bat is in excellent shape.not used much

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
And I disagree with this , so if I send it back to LS for repair then it's a illegal bat ?
What about if you change out the grip, then you changed it.
What about if the E cap pops out, can't put it back it ?
I know you can alter a bat to get better performance, but that's not what's going on...

I know you dont wanna hear it, but any repairs done to a bat NOT by the manufacturer, is deemed altered.
Nobody said you altered the bat, what I am saying is technically it is if you take out an endcap and
put another in. Why not just call LS and ask if they can fix? Usually for a small fee they
do things like this. And keeps you out of any issues.

An endcap and changing a grip are completely diff things. So please stop using that
argument.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2009
PA
I understand, but the bat is in great shape just has a cracked end cap..
Not altering it for performance, just want to still use it..

The problem is no one will take your word for it that the internal components were not altered, shaved, etc. If you want to use it as a cage/BP bat that's fine, but it is otherwise illegal.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
And I disagree with this , so if I send it back to LS for repair then it's a illegal bat ?
What about if you change out the grip, then you changed it.
What about if the E cap pops out, can't put it back it ?
I know you can alter a bat to get better performance, but that's not what's going on...

I didn't think that LS repaired bats. I thought they sent a replacement warranty bat (which unfortunately won't happen in your case with it being 2+ yrs old). And I thought that once there is a crack, wherever it may be, the bat is useless. Sorry...I know it's hard to hear because bats are expensive. You are better off buying a used bat (with no cracks) off of ebay, or buying a brand new one. Coresoftball20 has some pretty good deals on new bats...just saying. :)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Look on eBay for people who sell endcaps. They are easy to find.

Endcaps aren't hard to find. But watch out what you buy. Some make the endcaps out of molds that aren't
real great if you know what I mean...haha. Not even made of the same materials.
Just like ebay, buyer beware

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32