Looking for a trained eye's opinion, pointers, advice. My DD is a 12 pitcher probably

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
tcats123_zps8fwnsmtf.gif

Jun 18, 2010
There are a lot of good things going on in her pitch.

Areas for improvement. If she were my DD, I would:
1. Teach her to throw against a firm front side.
2. Work on hips and shoulders at 45 degrees at release.
3. Teach her arm whip and throw across her body. IMO, she is bowling more than arm whipping.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2014
Thanks for the feedback

Firm front side:

10_zps03d8cab3.png

11_zps0eec9c49.png

Knightsb - Thanks for the visuals and teaching points. She is working on that firm front side already. We will keep an eye on the angles and whip and post a new video in the future. Do you have a preferred way or drill to teach more whip?

Jun 18, 2010
Knightsb - Thanks for the visuals and teaching points. She is working on that firm front side already. We will keep an eye on the angles and whip and post a new video in the future. Do you have a preferred way or drill to teach more whip?

We do this VVVVVV with weighted balls into a sock net (I think we have an 8oz and 10oz).

262ttz5.gif

I think of it like swinging a weighted golf club (when I had time to play golf). With a weighted club, I could really feel the club head through the impact zone. With a weighted softball, DD can really feel the ball and whip through the throw zone.

I am not suggesting doing a full arm circle with a weighted ball, just from the position you see boardmember above.

Nov 29, 2009
I got something that can help with her leg drive. Have her use that old push mower that is leaning against the fence there.

Oct 22, 2009
I got something that can help with her leg drive. Have her use that old push mower that is leaning against the fence there.

My nephew actually asked me one day if I new of a cheap yard guy. He said he didn't have time to mow his grass because he had to go to the gym.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619