Look back rule again

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Your banter does little to help others understand the rule, which is why a question was asked in the first place. Know your audience.

Perhaps you want to start a new thread and continue your philosophical argument there. But here, your comments are clearly misplaced.

Since the banter was directed at me I guess sorry for what you think is derailing the thread. At issue is not the rule we can end the thread after one post the rule is very simply and easy to understand at issue is umpire judgement and the misapplication of the rule by crazy coaches and uniformed umpires. I was just trying to get at the intent. MTR I guess if you want to continue discussion we can break off the thread. I simply disagree we are literally talking about calling time for what amounts to ten seconds in between pitches seem very unnecessary is all I am suggesting but I guess the assumption that common sense would prevail as you suggested is where things always fall apart.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
MTR I guess if you want to continue discussion we can break off the thread. I simply disagree we are literally talking about calling time for what amounts to ten seconds in between pitches seem very unnecessary is all I am suggesting but I guess the assumption that common sense would prevail as you suggested is where things always fall apart.

I was actually responding do your question, hence the short, particular citation. I was confident the rule was already explained.

Dec 16, 2011
Don't worry MTR.......those of us who know you.....are used to your banter.....seeing as I have know you since about 1997......I can attest to the fact that you are really a good guy (unless you don't want anyone else to know)....it is really the Newbies that usually have problems with the truthfulness of your comments.........

Joel

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Don't worry MTR.......those of us who know you.....are used to your banter.....seeing as I have know you since about 1997......I can attest to the fact that you are really a good guy (unless you don't want anyone else to know)....it is really the Newbies that usually have problems with the truthfulness of your comments.........

Joel

What did I tell you about spreading nasty rumors like that? ;)

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Dang it! Should have put it in the google. I always mangle song lyrics.

I know I often do. I just remember this one as he was relatively local as is his cousin, Bob Croce who is still pretty active in the SE Pa area and surrounding states. Funny thing is that both started with the accordion.